2020 SRC Season Review

SquatchinSince86

Funny how some fish are covered head to tail in parasites but some like Mr. Devlin's glorious specimen is clean as a whistle. Maybe they swim a little faster.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
And here is my two cents worth of anecdotal comment on the 2020 SRC Season Review:

First of all, the fat fish hasn't sung yet. This time of the year is when I typically find the larger fish. However, throughout this year, I have experienced more Sea-Runs in the eighteen inch to twenty three inch range than I have seen in fifteen years of fishing for Sea-Runs. There seem to be plenty of smaller fish around as well.

Not my biggest catch but possibly the handsomest. Beautiful specimen in great shape.
View attachment 257600

Cutts to 23”....how could that be true?
We’ve been told here many times they max out at about 21”, but only when measured by your hands. ;)
I’m off to hopefully find a golden unicorn.....
In @dryflylarry I trust.
SF

Anadromous

WFF Premium
Looked like a great day for SRC...Struck out again. Pretty much convinced that there are no Sea Runs in my favorite holes yet...I would have picked up at least a small fish in 6 outings. I'm fishing midway up the system, so maybe the weekend rains will bring them up?

I did land this gem of a fish! Thought I had something super special like a bull trout or a sluggish king until it became obvious it was a large-scale stone sucker. Sad thing is this is my biggest fish of 2020
Hey man, those suckers can pull you out into your backing. They are like torquey tanks.

CreekScrambler

*snip*
Just another reason why I love fishing in the fall! You never know who's gonna make an appearance :)
That is bonkers. I've felt like I've won the lotto when I find one of those wayup'n some lonesome plunge pool. A tidewater/near-tidewater unicorn like that is pretty special.

CreekScrambler

And here is my two cents worth of anecdotal comment on the 2020 SRC Season Review:

First of all, the fat fish hasn't sung yet. This time of the year is when I typically find the larger fish. However, throughout this year, I have experienced more Sea-Runs in the eighteen inch to twenty three inch range than I have seen in fifteen years of fishing for Sea-Runs. There seem to be plenty of smaller fish around as well.

Not my biggest catch but possibly the handsomest. Beautiful specimen in great shape.
Hefteh! Ain't missin' NO meals. Seriously impressive SRC in this thread. A hog like some of these is exactly what I am pretty sure came unbuttoned on me when was last on the water. The last big-un that I brought to hand was a fat and sassy specimen indeed, strong like bull...my first encounter with exactly how awesome these fish can be.

It's friggin' mind-expanding to ponder these critters exceeding 22", cruising the depths in maximum mystery and emerging only to smash rad little wads of thread and feathers.

Rivelo

Had a couple hours to burn today. I got 5 and missed about as many. Nothing big, I haven't gotten a big one in a few years.
Had a couple hours to burn today. I got 5 and missed about as many. Nothing big, I haven't gotten a big one in a few years.
Just curious, would you mind sharing the MA where you fished? I fished Richmond beach at around 1 pm and got completely skunked. I didn’t expect much going in cause it was so sunny but am very surprised you got so many. Still very new to the whole src thing.

Scudley Do Right

Just curious, would you mind sharing the MA where you fished? I fished Richmond beach at around 1 pm and got completely skunked. I didn’t expect much going in cause it was so sunny but am very surprised you got so many. Still very new to the whole src thing.
I fished from 10:00 to 11:45. Just keep moving until you find current or jumping fish. RB isn't much of a cutthroat beach. Lowtide was around 2 so you might have been a little late. Low slack is my least preferred time to fish for cutthroat on most beaches.

Pipeman

Sounds like you're fishing rivers. I've been beating the salt for the last few weekends to no avail. Any tips?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Hey Stonefish! I'm up in Whatcom county. I've ventured down to Meadowdale and am thinking of catching the ferry to the Kitsap Peninsula this weekend.

You’ll have a lot better success going south or west from where you are at during this time of the year.
Good luck.
SF

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info