NFR PPE, Covid, and Buffs or buff like stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Gregory

Folks:

Medical workers are still, and increasingly, short of medical grade personal protective equipment.

We can wear buffs or bandanas for trips to the store or for short encounters inside or inside social distancing guidelines. We can reuse cheap exam gloves if you’re even doing that. And we can wash our hands and such, maintaining distance to minimize exposure.

But please, lets keep the good stuff for the pros, those among us who are dealing with this day to day, often for overtime hours. Help them help us, give them the good stuff first.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I gave up wearing those one size fits all masks. I wear a Muff/Buff when I shop. People on the internet call them Gaiters.

Rialto

I visited the Seattle REI on Labor Day and they would not let you enter with a bandana or any other face covering that did not fully enclose your nose and mouth. If your face covering did not meet their criteria they would provide you with one that did.

Hatty

This is my favorite. I am not messing around anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_083835.jpg
    IMG_20201006_083835.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Steelhead ©

BECU Member
WFF Supporter
If you don't like the answer you get today, wait until tomorrow and the opinion will change, does anyone remember why we are wearing the masks? Wasn't it to keep from overwhelming our hospitals, how are we doing?
Are you advocating for not wearing a mask? If so, I can provide some helpful information to answer the “why”.

surfnfish

Kicked
procedure masks are inexpensive and plentiful on Amazon, more effective than cloth masks or buffs, and easier to breath through.
And for those at higher risk KN95 masks are available and reasonable as well, and do not 'rob' from the medical community supply.

smc

If you don't like the answer you get today, wait until tomorrow and the opinion will change, does anyone remember why we are wearing the masks? Wasn't it to keep from overwhelming our hospitals, how are we doing?
How many have to die before you take your head out of your ass? Over 200 thousand not enough? How about another 100k? Won’t take long, thanks to people like you.

Maybe it’s going to take the death of a family member? A loved one? A best friend? The sweet retired couple across the street at risk because of age and other health concerns? At risk because of proximity to you?

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'm 85 and I have yet to come across anybody coughing and or sneezing their ass off.. You will never find me in a crowd. I wear my mask when I go into stores, or a doctors office. I don't like wearing one as it flattens out my nose. I've been toying with the idea of wearing my gaiter with a paper towel under it as I have a lot of spit in my mouth. and it gets worse when my mouth is covered.

smc

I'm 85 and I have yet to come across anybody coughing and or sneezing their ass off.. You will never find me in a crowd. I wear my mask when I go into stores, or a doctors office. I don't like wearing one as it flattens out my nose. I've been toying with the idea of wearing my gaiter with a paper towel under it as I have a lot of spit in my mouth. and it gets worse when my mouth is covered.
Thanks for setting a good example Old Man.

A regular disposable face mask is a lot more comfortable for me. The gaiter squishes my nose too much. I guess my face is too big for the gaiter.

surfnfish

Kicked
second wave is just starting to gear up, latest CDC projection another 140,000 dead by Feb and a rolling body count continuing during 2021, posibly 2022. Cases of re-infection and subsequent death to those having survived their first bout now starting to appear. Still no scientific evidence that mask disdain smugness is a viral preventive.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I'm very much against Trump, but I'm quite concerned that COVID19 will actually get worse, if Biden wins. Trump is the only person who can reach all the ignorant folks that are resisting the advice of public health experts. If Biden wins, I think those people will go full anti-mask and anti-vaccine, on principle. Herd immunity would be very difficult to attain, in such that environment.

America is such a bizarre country. We have the best scientists, doctors and engineers in the world. We have advanced human technology more than any other civilization. Despite all of that, the general population repeatedly make us a global embarrassment, fueled by ignorance. Usually other countries laugh at us, but I think right now they just feel pity. What's the solution? Education?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts