WFF Enhanced search, WFF search forum, Changing your user ID

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
WFF Supporter
I'm still rolling out new features with the recent upgrade. Noteworthy items:

Enhanced Search: Being installed now, the search function is getting a decent upgrade. One of the nifty results will be (when posting a new thread) a thread list under the title box of similar threads posted by others that match yours, populated instantly as your typing in a subject line.

The new WFF search forum (top of the main forum index page) pulls content from multiple on-topic forums while omitting off-topic sub-forums and NFR threads. Thread search criteria:
  1. No NFR or WFF prefixes (not fishing related)
  2. No locked topics
  3. Included forums... Fly Fishing Forum, Fly Tying, Trip Reports & Articles, Questions & Answers, Saltwater, Spey Clave, Steelhead, Lakes, Watercraft, Entomology, Warm Water Species, Bamboo Fiberclass & Classic Reels, Rod Building, Lost Found Stolen
Change your username: You can now change your username. Not more often that once every 90 days. For 30 days the change will be shown publically.
  • Click on your name / avatar upper right > Account details > Username > Change
Chris

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'm still rolling out new features with the recent upgrade. Noteworthy items:

Enhanced Search: Being installed now, the search function is getting a decent upgrade. One of the nifty results will be (when posting a new thread) a thread list under the title box of similar threads posted by others that match yours, populated instantly as your typing in a subject line.

The new WFF search forum (top of the main forum index page) pulls content from multiple on-topic forums while omitting off-topic sub-forums and NFR threads. Thread search criteria:
  1. No NFR or WFF prefixes (not fishing related)
  2. No locked topics
  3. Included forums... Fly Fishing Forum, Fly Tying, Trip Reports & Articles, Questions & Answers, Saltwater, Spey Clave, Steelhead, Lakes, Watercraft, Entomology, Warm Water Species, Bamboo Fiberglass & Classic Reels, Rod Building, Lost Found Stolen
Change your username: You can now change your username. Not more often that once every 90 days. For 30 days the change will be shown publicly.
  • Click on your name / avatar upper right > Account details > Username > Change
Chris
I hate to say this but your making this forum to complicated for this old man. I stay away for about a half a day and when I come back I'm damn near lost. I like things simple but lately I'm in the dark.

Oh, I also corrected some of your misspelled words.:p:p

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
WFF Supporter
Jim, when you bitch, I smile. :D

Nothing about what I noted above is complicated. Do this...

First, act like you're starting a new thread. Watch what happens when you start typing a subject. It should quickly provide other threads for you to consider looking at first, which may have already covered your question or topic. You might decide then to either reply to the old discussion or continue posting your own thread.

Next... If you don't like all the NFR crap and would prefer to only see stuff that's on-topic... Go to the new WFF search forum. It's like the "What's New" area but cleaned up even further.

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
If you don't like all the NFR crap and would prefer to only see stuff that's on-topic... Go to the new WFF search forum
I see the "We got these bees comin' in" thread shows up in the new WFF search forum.
Does the NFR filter algorithm or the process to ensure NFR threads have an NFR tag need a bit of tweaking?

And when I go into a thread from the WFF search forum, should/could there be a link back to the WFF search forum instead of the sub-forum the thread was posted in?

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
Here's an example of the search results as I tested the functionality of starting a new thread...
View attachment 257269
I double tapped on the image attachment which brought it up to full screen on my iPad. After considering the content for a minute, I couldn’t go back to the thread by clicking on the x in the upper right. Couldn’t change tabs or go to a different forum category. Then I remembered that I was looking a a screen cap. I guess I am an old man.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Jim, when you bitch, I smile. :D

Nothing about what I noted above is complicated. Do this...

First, act like you're starting a new thread. Watch what happens when you start typing a subject. It should quickly provide other threads for you to consider looking at first, which may have already covered your question or topic.

Next... If you don't like all the NFR crap and would prefer to only see stuff that's on-topic... Go to the new WFF search forum. It's like the "What's New" area but cleaned up even further.
I do like to bitch a little. I'm just a simple old man set in his ways. When Facebook changed to their new look my wife had a fit in a half because of it. Older people don't handle change very well. And I'm one of those.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts