Wednesday cutthroat, today grouse...

Buzzy

The first picture is very nice! Interesting how varied the coloration is on your cutthroat. Great day!

Furled

What type of gun do you use for your grouse? What caliber / gauge? I use a 20 gauge shotgun with 7.5 shot.

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Several, mostly 28 and 20 bore, and the occasional 16. But all are loaded with 7 1/2 shot. This one fell to an 870 in 20 bore...7 1/2.

Merle

Several, mostly 28 and 20 bore, and the occasional 16. But all are loaded with 7 1/2 shot. This one fell to an 870 in 20 bore...7 1/2.
Roper- maybe a dumb question but is the 7 1/2 steel or lead shot? I’m thinking lead since it’s upland hunting but I know some guys just use steel for everything in case they go on a WDFW release site and it’s less hassle to try to keep track of what’s in the vest and where you are. Thanks Andy

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Roper- maybe a dumb question but is the 7 1/2 steel or lead shot? I’m thinking lead since it’s upland hunting but I know some guys just use steel for everything in case they go on a WDFW release site and it’s less hassle to try to keep track of what’s in the vest and where you are. Thanks Andy
Andy, not a dumb question at all. Yes, lead in the forest, bismuth where required near water. I also reload Nice Shot.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts