Bamboo and River Cutts

Dave Westburg

WFF Supporter
WFF Member Greg Armstrong and I chased coastal cutthroat in a west side river yesterday. Greg fished an 8'6" Wright and McGill waterseal 6 weight.
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.51.12 AM.png
I fished a Phillipson 9' 5 5/8 oz 7 weight. I call this my Greg Armstrong fly box because it has the rolled muddlers which he is so fond of.
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.50.34 AM.png
Greg caught fish on an size 10 orange bodied reverse spider. I caught fish on Silver March Brown, Yellow and Woodcock and Mallard and Claret wet flies.
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 12.00.36 PM.png

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin i was fishin
If I had to choose one fly for all my river fishing it might be a black spider. The black reverse spider probably accounts for at least 80% of my searun cutty fishing time.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Dave’s traditional wet flies out fished my muddler by about a 12 to 0 margin yesterday. The muddler had a bad attitude for some reason, and just wasn’t willing to perform it’s job as it normally does for me. I got a few on the spider early on, and never should have switched flies.
I took a rest and sat on a log for awhile and watched as Dave fished through a run catching fish after fish. Here’s Dave hooked up to a couple of them.

1602987529106.jpeg
1602987602589.jpeg
It was a fun day!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts