Jackery1000 first report

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
RV owners and Van Lifers have a strong tendency to embellish, when they buy something they want you to believe that it lives up to the hype that led them to buy it in the first place. So I was extra careful and did a lot of research before I sprung for the new more powerful Jackery. My initial impressions are very positive viewing it in the context that it will be used. It expands the utility of Ive's Crusin' Casa considerably by allowing me to now use a real coffee maker, a rice cooker, my InstantPot and an induction plate while camping.

To test it today I made coffee for breakfast which used just 5% of the available power. Next I charged a 10000 mAh power brick to 100% and that used another 1 %. I wanted to see how it would handle beans and ham hocks in the InstantPot since that is a fairly long run for an IP. From dry beans in the bag to tender perfectly cooked beans in the IP takes 90 minutes-much longer than a normal IP cook. By the time the IP shut down the Jackery was only down to 70%, a really impressive performance.

Obviously I have enough power now to power up something much bigger than my tiny Casa so I'm thinking I can be pretty extravagant about how I burn up wattage. A 12v electric blanket will take the chill off of those cool spring and fall evenings, I can sit outside in a lawn chair and visit without the usual shivering. No generator noise, smell or gasoline to deal with, just some lightweight solar panels that will fit under a mattress entirely out of sight. Truck canopy camping just got a whole lot better!

It will spend the winter inside fully charged where it will be extremely useful during power outages giving me hours of relief until things are up and running again. I suppose it will be out of date by this time next year but what the hell-so am I! We'll get along nicely.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
I just looked that up - it’s an impressive little unit!
I hope these eventually take the place of camp generators that seem to have gotten so popular, for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

Did you sell your Lance, Ive?

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
I just looked that up - it’s an impressive little unit!
I hope these eventually take the place of camp generators that seem to have gotten so popular, for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

Did you sell your Lance, Ive?
Yes, I sold it to a very good home. He gave me more than I was asking and got more than he expected. After so many flake inquiries it was a delightful transaction.

MD

WFF Supporter
Thanks for posting. I’d been half heartedly contemplating a generator to cover times when solar panels weren’t an option....but I wasn’t overly enthused with the noise (fumes, etc.) from even the most quiet generator.

I’m very interested to read further reviews as you use it more often.

Mike d

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts