Trip Report New Personal Best trout for Layne - NE Arkansas

Layne and I made our annual fall trek to NE Arkansas for a weekend on his favorite trout stream and came home with memories that will last a lifetime. (All catch & release fishing with a single, barbless hook. CPR - Catch, Photograph, & Release) He made the decision to focus on trying to catch bigger fish on this trip, so he didn't catch as many fish as the past few years, but he definitely caught bigger fish, including three that were larger than his previous best. Biggest fish was a 28" rainbow that was probably close to if not over 10#. Was fun to watch after catching that fish as Layne then focused on helping a younger boy from Tennessee try to catch a nice fish. They succeeded on our last morning there with a 23" rainbow that was his biggest ever, too.
DSC_2578.JPG DSC_2570.JPG DSC_2396.JPG DSC_2427.JPG DSC_2449.JPG
DSC_2498.JPG
DSC_2477.JPG DSC_2504.JPG IMG_4552.JPG IMG_4592.JPG IMG_5586.JPEG IMG_5626 (1).JPEG

Last edited:

Proud Dad

I believe he’s “hooked”; like the expression on Lanes face with that pig brown. are those private waters?
No doubt. Layne loves all things related to fishing. He enjoys tying flies and all of the crappie jigs that we use. All I have to do is mention going and he heads to the garage to get things ready.

The stream is public water that is reserved for youth and disabled anglers. It is first-class fishing in terms of the opportunities it provides these anglers. Definitely a special place to fish.
Dry Run Creek

Last edited:
Proud dad indeed!

Layne's doing great, and not just as an angler. His helping the boy from Tennessee speaks volumes of his character, I'd say.

Thanks much for sharing, I love it when a plan works out,
Kenneth

Jim Darden

Layne and I made our annual fall trek to NE Arkansas for a weekend on his favorite trout stream and came home with memories that will last a lifetime. (All catch & release fishing with a single, barbless hook. CPR - Catch, Photograph, & Release) He made the decision to focus on trying to catch bigger fish on this trip, so he didn't catch as many fish as the past few years, but he definitely caught bigger fish, including three that were larger than his previous best. Biggest fish was a 28" rainbow that was probably close to if not over 10#. Was fun to watch after catching that fish as Layne then focused on helping a younger boy from Tennessee try to catch a nice fish. They succeeded on our last morning there with a 23" rainbow that was his biggest ever, too.
View attachment 257977 View attachment 257978 View attachment 257979 View attachment 257980 View attachment 257981
View attachment 257989
View attachment 257983 View attachment 257984 View attachment 257985 View attachment 257986 View attachment 257987 View attachment 257988
sorry to hear you didn't catch very many fish since you had to target the larger ones. looks like you may have had some small semblance of fun though! next year you can go for the numbers and actually have a good time!!.....;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts