Macaroni and cheese-what happened?

Rialto

Kraft mac-n-cheese was in the dinner rotation growing up, usually with hot dogs if I remember correctly. I don't think I ever purchased a box as an adult but have on occasion bought Velveeta & shells. At the start of the pandemic I bought boxes of Annie's aged cheddar and shells and it was surprising below expectation. Convenient but not much more effort to make pasta with parm, garlic, and butter/olive oil that tastes way better.

JM

my 11yr old grand daughter spent this week remote learning. I came in from outside and discovered her makeing a kraft mac n cheese for lunch as my wife looked on. She has been able to cook this for herself for yrs now.

My 5 year old doing "remote kindergarten" asked for Mac-n cheese last week. I snuck some freshly smoked trout into it. She has been telling me over and over that it was the best mac-n-cheese she has ever had and wants it again. As I am out of smoked trout this seems like a good excuse to
catch and smoke some more.

Bruce Baker

A bit much for camping, but the only mac n' cheese that I eat is Beecher's, which I find at Costco. It's really good, and I never was much for mac n' cheese.
Can you please tell me approximately what section of the store it can be found?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Can you please tell me approximately what section of the store it can be found?
Where they stack the refrigerated cassaroles. I don't think it's frozen. I might have it confused with the scalloped potatoes, which are also very good.

Bruce Baker

I will add to this thread that I have found the Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese to be very good. It is in the frozen foods section.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Mrs Brian thinks it's weird that I put ketchup on Mac & Cheese?
How's about you?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts