Macaroni and cheese-what happened?

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Once in a while we buy the Costco Mac and cheese. We also buy a lb of dungeness crab. Half way into baking the wife adds the crab and a bit more cheese. Usually some 3 blend cheese. Probably a 50 dollar dish but get a couple meals out of it and
It is delicious. YMMV.
I was shopping for some Mac and Cheese in Costco last week and spotted some with the Panera brand on it. It was a multi-pack package that I thought would be perfect to have on hand. But my sharp eyed granddaughter who was helping me shop spotted the sodium content-I think it was 1375mg per serving! That is a huge amount of salt and anyone with even marginally high blood pressure should avoid that like the plague. With a daily sodium requirement of about 1500-2300mg most of your day's needs are met with a single serving of that stuff then just about everything else you eat in a day has salt in it as well. The net result can be well over 3000mg of sodium intake per day, far too much to be healthy.

Read those labels and find out what too much salt can do to you long term. It ain't pretty...

Guy Gregory

A-1 on potatoes.

No good options for mac and cheese. Just like the disappearance of the 2-can chinese food and noodle packs, and sailor boy pilot bread (at least from the inland market) proof positive that not all ‘progress’ is beneficial.

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
A-1 on potatoes.

No good options for mac and cheese. Just like the disappearance of the 2-can chinese food and noodle packs, and sailor boy pilot bread (at least from the inland market) proof positive that not all ‘progress’ is beneficial.
+1 on the Sailor Boy lament. :mad: Pilot biscuits and kippers!:)

Freestone

WFF Supporter
.... Just like the disappearance of the 2-can chinese food and noodle packs, and sailor boy pilot bread (at least from the inland market) proof positive that not all ‘progress’ ...
+1 on the Sailor Boy lament. :mad: Pilot biscuits and kippers!:)
I may have a few 10 lb tins of pilot biscuits to use up and share after the pandemic!

Then again, they will probably still be eatable when the next pandemic arrives, LOL!

Guy Gregory

I googled, and they still make pilot bread, and its allegedly available at every preppers favorite retailer Wally world! In addition to amazon. Ah, blessed relief knowing there’s still something with a 30 year shelf life!

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
Once in a while we buy the Costco Mac and cheese. We also buy a lb of dungeness crab. Half way into baking the wife adds the crab and a bit more cheese. Usually some 3 blend cheese. Probably a 50 dollar dish but get a couple meals out of it and
It is delicious. YMMV.
Let me know!! Sounds good! Maybe hit Costco after Thanksgiving for this...

Bob Newman

After packing pilot bread around the Olympics during Boy Scouts, I actually looked for it googling about 3 years ago. No responses . I don’t know why but i’m going looking for it. Brings back some nice memories from the 60’s and 70’s rarely seeing any other hikers out there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info