Aussie fishing vids on Youtube just upped the game

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
So I can't decide which is more badass, Gido's cliff fishing adventures where he descends down these batshit crazy cliffs on slippery rocks in his socks to hook up with monster fish

Or Morgs and Simmo fish for Spanish Mackerel in Shark infested waters in the Northern Territory and one of them falls out of the tinny into the shark filled waters at 18:05. See 20:20 when the shark shows.... I'm thinking Morgs and Simmo because their vids go on
to show crocs, multiple shark species and in general crazy ass stuff regardless of the cliffs that Gido sets up on, but damn, they have upped the "i'm crazy about fishing" vids plus Morgs and Simmo have the kind of banter that we all have with friends who are super close whereas Gido is awesome, but alone, and frankly even though Gido's shit is crazy, he seems really pretty adept about safety on those granite rocks....whereas Morgs and Simmo you can basically see one of them losing an arm or a leg or something and the other one saying " he lost it doing what he loved, and look at him now, fishes with one arm, like nothing happened...."

Love these guys, all three of them

Last edited:

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
I used to fish the upper Rogue river before Lost ck. res.
I used to have to put my rod in my teeth to scale along the cliffs to get from one fishing hole to another.
On the way out I would just climb into the timber up to the road.
No rope, no friend, if I had fallen, it would have been bye, bye to ole Gar
Are fisherman crazy? Yep I think so.
Thanks for posting the videos

BullerRiver1

Fishing the croc infested waters in a NT billabong; that line in the foreground is my rod tip. The croc was a 4-5 meter salty, waiting for me to fall in. Fishing in Australia can be an extreme sport!

Attachments

• Croc resize 3.JPG
    Croc resize 3.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

cdnred

So I can't decide which is more badass, Gido's cliff fishing adventures where he descends down these batshit crazy cliffs on slippery rocks in his socks to hook up with monster fish
Maybe it's an age thing or... but why does this guy subject himself to go to such extremes to fish there, is it a super hotspot..? When I look at how HIGH he's fishing from the cliff, how does he ever expect to be able to haul the fish from the surf all the way up to his location without losing it..? Great that he's fit and able to scale the cliff but I really don't understand the WHY. Must be a youth thing..

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Fishing the croc infested waters in a NT billabong; that line in the foreground is my rod tip. The croc was a 4-5 meter salty, waiting for me to fall in.
Yeah, and that's the croc that you can see... I'm not worried for the guy in the first video; even the nastiest croc isn't going to scale that cliff (or jump that high). But those other two guys were too close to the water's edge for my comfort, especially as big salties are THICK in the Northern Territories.
Steve

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
As to why?

This particular episode was fantastic. It is pure joy watching these guys hang and catch the crabs and so on. I spent six weeks in an Aboriginal health station in Alice Springs doing outreach primary care in remote communities. This vid was such a reminder of that time. What they don't explain is "Mens business." You can see see how they are fishing only with the boys and young men, and when they do the beach fire it is still only men and boys, no women. Aboriginal culture is divided deeply like that, although Womens business is also spent in gathering food. These guys do a really good job in respecting the tribe's traditions, encouraging the boys, being respectful, and having an awesome time etc

Last edited:

BullerRiver1

Yeah, and that's the croc that you can see... I'm not worried for the guy in the first video; even the nastiest croc isn't going to scale that cliff (or jump that high). But those other two guys were too close to the water's edge for my comfort, especially as big salties are THICK in the Northern Territories.
Steve
Yes, quite a few . . .

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    10 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1515.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 9

Zak

WFF Supporter

This particular episode was fantastic. It is pure joy watching these guys hang and catch the crabs and so on. I spent six weeks in an Aboriginal health station in Alice Springs doing outreach primary care in remote communities. This vid was such a reminder of that time. What they don't explain is "Mens business." You can see see how they are fishing only with the boys and young men, and when they do the beach fire it is still only men and boys, no women. Aboriginal culture is divided deeply like that, although Womens business is also spent in gathering food. These guys do a really good job in respecting the tribe's traditions, encouraging the boys, being respectful, and having an awesome time etc
That was great!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts