Gray hair camping pass

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
WFF Supporter
So I've had a lifetime America the Beautiful pass for a number of years. Got it at Zion when it was still only $10. Even now when it's $80 I think it's still one of the best deals going. Here's info:

What does the Senior Pass provide?
Annual and lifetime Senior Passes provide access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by six federal agencies:

• National Park Service
  • US Fish & Wildlife Service
  • Bureau of Land Management
  • Bureau of Reclamation
  • US Forest Service
  • US Army Corps of Engineers

The passes cover entrance and standard amenity (day-use) recreation fees and provide discounts on some expanded amenity recreation fees.

Are there any other benefits from a Senior Pass?
Yes, traveling companions can also enter for free. The Senior Passes admit pass owner/s and passengers in a noncommercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas and pass owner plus three adults, not to exceed four adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free.) Also, at many sites, the Senior Passes provide the pass owner (only) a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours).

Just recently purchased the Washington state "Off Season Senior Pass" which allows this:

Off-Season Senior Citizen Pass - $75

This pass offers free nightly camping or moorage from Oct. 1 to March 31, and Sunday through Thursday in April. There is a $10 per-night fee for utility sites. Passes are available for $75 for Washington state residents 62 years and older.

Washington State Resident is defined as a resident of Washington state for at least the past three consecutive months. Dual-state residency will not be considered. Passes may be purchased at select parks between the months of September and March only.

So the wife and I are taking the trailer down to Grayland Beach state park for 3 nights in about 2 weeks. She wants a full hook-up site which is $45 per night. With the off-season senior pass I purchased yesterday we can get the same site for $10 per night. Including the $75 for the pass, on this trip only I've saved $30! Although it's only valid from 10/1/2020 to 3/31/2021 and then with restrictions in April we will be saving some bucks in our off-season trips.

Money well spent IMHO!! :)

Wayne Kohan

fish-ician
My wife and I were down in Sunriver and drove down to Crater Lake for the day just a few days ago. It was the day before my 62nd birthday. I did notice the America the Beautiful pass and plan on getting one of those. It will eliminate the need for the NWFS pass I buy every year to fish Leech Lake.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
I am receiving service connected Veterans disability benefits and a monthly check. Back in 2010 I went into the Enumclaw MBSNF Ranger Station with the original VA letter approving my disability status and the (then) current year's summary of Benefits to get a free lifetime "Access Pass" card that has the same lifetime benefits as the Senior Pass. I have used mine a lot and have gotten a replacement card because the original card was cracking.

Anyone receiving VA disability benefits should look into this.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts