WTB WTB Inexpensive 9ft 4wt or 5wt Rod and Reel Combo

xApprchsNfnty

Hi everyone,

I've been learning how to fly fish on a hand-me-down 7/8wt rod but I'm targeting smaller fish and would like a more appropriate rod/reel setup. I've been looking for a used Redington crosswater/path, echo base, tfo something, etc. in a 9ft 4wt or 5wt.

If you have one of these, or something else that might work too, please let me know! And free or cheap would be very appreciated! I'm in Woodinville, WA.

Thank you!

Edit: No longer looking exclusively for combos. Let me know if you have just rods for sale too. Thanks.

Last edited:

mcswny

My gut tells me is that those set ups are so cheap new, that people would rather keep them dusty in their closet as back up rods or rods for visiting friends than sell them for next to nothing.

For instance, an Echo Base kit is ~$150. I would find find it hard for anyone to give up something like that for $75, when they could have a beater rod to teach people on. It's just not worth it.

Between rod, real and line you could be on the water for $200.

manfishman

Hi everyone,

I've been learning how to fly fish on a hand-me-down 7/8wt rod but I'm targeting smaller fish and would like a more appropriate rod/reel setup. I've been looking for a used Redington crosswater/path, echo base, tfo something, etc. in a 9ft 4wt or 5wt.

If you have one of these, or something else that might work too, please let me know! And free or cheap would be very appreciated! I'm in Woodinville, WA.

Thank you!
Check out OfferUp I’ve seen a few deals on there and actually purchased a 5wt reddington crosswater package nearly new for a family member for $100. Here’s a Courtland 5/6 package somebody is selling in Everett for $75. https://offerup.co/masEOzT2Ebb

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts