FS Pram $250.00

dp

~El Pescador
I'm kind of thinking about picking this up. the weather does not help tho.
pretty sure the wife is going to see it on the side of the house or if I ask her to start parking her car in the driveway...... ;)

Jake

I’m interested, but have never worked on a boat before.

What is involved in getting it finished?

JayB

Very surprised that this hasn't sold. Just the oars/oarlocks and other hardware would run well north of $200 on their own.

Buzzy

I’m interested, but have never worked on a boat before.

What is involved in getting it finished?
Jake - buy the boat. There's a ton of info about wood boat building, repairs, and maintenance on this website alone. I'll share what little wisdom I have on wood boat repairs and maintenance. And @JayB is right, the hardware on the boat is worth the purchase price. Fixing and maintaining wood boats is fun.

Last edited:

Jake

Jake - buy the boat. There's a ton of info about wood boat building, repairs, and maintenance on this website alone. I'll share what little wisdom I have on wood boat repairs and maintenance. And @JayB is right, the hardware on the boat is worth the purchase price. Fixing and maintaining wood boats is fun.
I’m very, very tempted. I don’t have a pickup, though. It’d have to ride on top of my SUV.

Gotta figure that one out.

JayB

I’m very, very tempted. I don’t have a pickup, though. It’d have to ride on top of my SUV.

Gotta figure that one out.
Not as easy as loading it in the back of a pickup but it can be done. Lots of youtube videos out there with how-to's. If you're sturdy/agile enough, you can use the same technique sans the straps/blocks and just slide the boat up a couple of 2x4's and onto your rack. This guy's technique is probably more prudent for most folks, though.

Jake

I agree that it’s a great deal, and I’d love to do it, but I think I’m going to pass. As much as I’d like to, when I asked my wife if I could drive out and pick it up, she said “Isn’t it a bit small for you to sleep in?”

She’s still a bit sore about me arranging for Santa to put a surprise brand-new Lund Rebel XL in our single-car garage a couple of Christmases ago while everyone (including her) was asleep.

I also don’t own any power tools or a covered work area. I could buy them, but I think I only get to pull the Santa trick once.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts