Strange Year

triploidjunkie

2020 started out strong, fishing wise. Omak Lake was putting out good fish, I was exploring creek systems I've never heard of before, Rufus was fishing good! I went on a great float for whitefish down the Met on January 2nd.
Then along came the virus, and the gov shut down fishing. I followed the rules, though I know many of my friends didn't. It was probably the longest I hadn't fished in many years. But eventually, I got back to it. But since the Rez didn't open back up, I had to get out of my comfort zone and find new water. I'm actually grateful for that! I found some real gems, and struck out more than I care to admit. But that's half the fun of exploring new water. Never know what you'll find. What really stood out is internet reports. Some of the best fishing I've ever found were lakes that were considered dead for years, and forgotten about. But some of them are still dead, but I've certainly found enough to keep me busy! Especially with tiger trout. It seems like they are putting those everywhere these days. I've landed around thirty of them this year! And found a few new blue lines I've never heard uttered. Some full of brookies and tigers, and some with surprising populations of wild rainbows.

Attachments

• DSCF2978.JPG
    DSCF2978.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
  • DSCF2880.JPG
    DSCF2880.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 48
  • DSCF2934.JPG
    DSCF2934.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
  • DSCF2950.JPG
    DSCF2950.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • DSCF2970.JPG
    DSCF2970.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 47

triploidjunkie

Some office photo @triploidjunkie. I especially like the closeup of the brookie's side. Yes, it has been a trying year, glad you were able to get out and find some new gems in regard to new locations and old locations.
Getting out of my comfort zone was a good thing I think. I still didn't check off everything on my list, yet... Winter is my friend. I'm the only one out there.

Buzzy

Thanks for sharing pictures of fish most of us don't see often (or anymore or even at all). I've been fishing two lakes that "supposedly" have browns and tigers. Found two browns - both on one outing. Nary a brown or tiger on any of the other outings - local biologist suggested I might need better fishing skills (ouch, but he's right). Thanks to you, I do know they exist!

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
This year has had it's ups and downs for sure.
Exploring new to me water and touching base with some old stomping grounds.
The Umpqua system was not so kind to me, one wild steelhead out of the South, none from the North.
Some of the small blue lines treated me better with some coastal cutts and small RB's.
Some planted RB's from some local lakes.
The icings on the cake was Diamond lake. I only got to fish it three times, but each time I was rewarded with really big RB's.
I'm looking forward to next year and getting into Strip bass in the coastal waters.

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
2020 started out strong, fishing wise. Omak Lake was putting out good fish, I was exploring creek systems I've never heard of before, Rufus was fishing good! I went on a great float for whitefish down the Met on January 2nd.
Then along came the virus, and the gov shut down fishing. I followed the rules, though I know many of my friends didn't. It was probably the longest I hadn't fished in many years. But eventually, I got back to it. But since the Rez didn't open back up, I had to get out of my comfort zone and find new water. I'm actually grateful for that! I found some real gems, and struck out more than I care to admit. But that's half the fun of exploring new water. Never know what you'll find. What really stood out is internet reports. Some of the best fishing I've ever found were lakes that were considered dead for years, and forgotten about. But some of them are still dead, but I've certainly found enough to keep me busy! Especially with tiger trout. It seems like they are putting those everywhere these days. I've landed around thirty of them this year! And found a few new blue lines I've never heard uttered. Some full of brookies and tigers, and some with surprising populations of wild rainbows.
Great pics, trip

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts