Looking for a Guide for OP Steelhead

Gary swenson

Drive into the calawah ponds parking lot, find a trail that goes to the river, and follow it down to near where it meets the bogachiel. Bogie will be blown probably, and fish will be there.

Rob Allen

Keep your weed at Home! Its a horrible thing to have to smell on a steelhead river.

Ruins my experience when I smell it.furthermoee it is still illegal federally and having it in the national park could end your trip quickly.

Gyrfalcon21

If you need pot to have fun on a steelhead river then you don't love steelheading and your place on the river is better taken by someone who actually wants to be there..
Thought Rob was all about personal freedoms, not being told what to do? Guess not..

wetline dave

A person fishing under the influence of drugs and or alcohol on a river is a fool! Rivers have no concern whether you live or die and rivers are dangerous. Besides if you read the regs it is illegal to fish under the influence of drugs and or alcohol, for good reason.

Laugh all you want and say what you may and go get stoned and then slip on a rock and find yourself fighting the current and unable to respond quick enough and you become a footnote on some river.

By all means get ripped and maybe we will read about it here and people asking for donations to bury you and help support your family because YOU were stupid. No dollars from me so get some good life insurance!

Oh by the way been there and done that and I figured it out real quick.

Dave

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Besides if you read the regs it is illegal to fish under the influence of drugs and or alcohol, for good reason.
Dave

I can’t say I’ve ever seen that rule.
Which page of this years regulations is that on?

How do they enforce that if marijuana is legal as is alcohol?
You could technically have one beer and be under the influence. I’ve been checked by a warden for my fishing license while fishing and drinking.

There is a rule that says you may not use drugs, explosives or poison to harm or kill fish or wildlife.
SF

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I can’t say I’ve ever seen that rule.
Which page of this years regulations is that on?

How do they enforce that if marijuana is legal as it alcohol?
You could technically have one beer and be under the influence. I’ve been checked by a warden for my fishing license while fishing and drinking.

There is a rule that says you may drugs, explosives or poison to harm or kill fish or wildlife.
SF

Curious as well. Dont recall ever seeing that. Under the influence and operating a power boat, definitely a no no. But under the influence and fishing? New to me.

NRC

WFF Supporter
Curious as well. Dont recall ever seeing that. Under the influence and operating a power boat, definitely a no no. But under the influence and fishing? New to me.
Trust me, when you hook into the kind of hogs I do, you’re basically at the mercy of the horsepower equivalent of a power boat. If I was on the sauce I’d have two arms out of socket faster than you can say “bobber down!”

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts