Trip Report Cady Lake

Went there today, an alternate adventure for myself and Kfish.
We found kinda what I expected, a day of absolutely nothing , save for a great atmosphere and camaraderie.
I have not used my tube for a year or so, it was a fun refresher.
I counted 4 "fish" on my Humminbird during the day. No activity visible.
Tips are welcome :)
We both fished various depths, and presentations. I did mostly deep dredging on a sink 5 , but alternated with shallow presentation and indicator work on my ESN setup.
Silence, save for the squabbling Bald Eagles.

Attachments

• yikes_HDR.jpg
    yikes_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • kfish_HDR.jpg
    kfish_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • daypano 6a123_HDR.jpg
    daypano 6a123_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Buzzy

You think the weather and barometric swings played a role?

Cady Lake can be great one day and the next six or dozen outings very tough. I agree that at times daphnia might be an answer (blob), another time it (was) a small white leech trolled SLOW, another time it was a really small soft hackle. Once upon a time everything worked (once). Mostly this pretty little lake is a mystery to me.

skyriver

Like Buzzy said, Cady can be tough. Coming out of there with 1 fish to hand can feel like a win sometimes. However, it can also be really good. I had one of my best trout days, ever, in November 3 years ago. A pretty fly trolled fast was the ticket that day. Another good day there, in the spring, was on emerging mids. That was fun. No bobber required!
The last time I was there was June. I was the only one there on a cool afternoon & evening and only came away with one gnarly, skinny cutt. The thing was 16" long, but built like a eel. His head was probably 4" long. He either had some digestive issues or just not getting enough food. He fought hard though! The lake seems to keep the rainbows fed so not sure about him.

fishon61

Fished Cady on 11/5 this year with Eric. Fished from 2:45 pm till 4 pm. I was on the lake first chasing a riser in the middle of the lake. Eric followed and took a right from the launch. Within ten minutes Eric landed a 24 inch trout on a black hale bob. It took me 45 min to land my first on a black leech. It was 22 inches. We did not have any other tap or tug after that. I considered myself lucky. I was skunked the last time I fished it.

6372F9FC-4F52-4067-B7F5-4EDDC5E214D7.jpeg
6372F9FC-4F52-4067-B7F5-4EDDC5E214D7.jpeg

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Like Buzzy said, Cady can be tough. Coming out of there with 1 fish to hand can feel like a win sometimes. However, it can also be really good. I had one of my best trout days, ever, in November 3 years ago. A pretty fly trolled fast was the ticket that day. Another good day there, in the spring, was on emerging mids. That was fun. No bobber required!
The last time I was there was June. I was the only one there on a cool afternoon & evening and only came away with one gnarly, skinny cutt. The thing was 16" long, but built like a eel. His head was probably 4" long. He either had some digestive issues or just not getting enough food. He fought hard though! The lake seems to keep the rainbows fed so not sure about him.
Love the no bobber required days there!
P5160122.jpg

PooterTooter

Was up there yesterday. Beautiful spot. Had one take on a mid, and one hookup with a damsel nymph. No fish to hand, though. "It was nice just to be out there" and all but I would have liked a fish! Definitely seems like a peaceful lake.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Thanks for this post wondered if it still was ...Not a fan of chironomid finger walking...not patient enough but I have never fished it in Nov. To freakin' cold for me now as in, I don't like being cold any more...Have not fished Cady in 15 or more years...long drive from SW WA...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts