Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly tying material storage

5K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  cohafly 
#1 ·
I'm working on organizing my fly tying materials. For small stuff like beads, hooks, dubbing material, etc I've been putting it into plano 3700 boxes. However I don't have a good solution for all the feathers (strung and otherwise) and furr. Wondering what ideas the collective braintrust has.

I don't currently have a dedicated fly tying space, so ideally it is some kind of container I can pack up and store in the closet when not doing a fly tying session, so things like a cabinet isn't what I want right now.

Thanks

#6 ·
#8 ·
Thread tubes are an awesome way to store a lot of things other than thread. For example, I cut all my pheasant tail feathers in half and have all of them in one tube. I also use them for marabou, peacock herl, biots, etc.

I don't really use Plano boxes anymore, as they're always too big and end up wasting a lot of space. All of my beads and hooks go in the boxes below.

Everything else goes in zip lock bags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.