New COVID restrictions for Washington and Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
fishing was also leading to a lot of travel across state locations.
and concentrations of nonlocal people in low population areas that did not want outsiders bringing the virus

really, hindsight on this is more rhetorical than useful.

there is light at the end of the tunnel with vaccine news, but we are still in the tunnel and will be for months to come.

I for one and hoping to never have this virus, I fear long term health consequences more than dying from it, and I will continue to practice defensive social distancing and mask wearing, and avoid or minimize time inside spaces that are not my home, as much as possible.

I am becoming adept at Home Depot on line ordering and curbside pickup.

j
I’ve been tested twice. The first time, I think it was *just* salmonella. It was a tough 10 days.

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
It's not that complicated. In fact it is rather simple. As others have stated, very little was known about the virus in March, and much more is known now. The simple part: Gov. Inslee knows slightly less than nothing about recreational fishing. He interpreted fishing as fishing on charter boats, which are crowded and where community spread is a highly likely possibility. He saw photos of sport fishing at a stocked put-and-take lake where people were lined up next to each other in lawn chairs along a lakeshore, again, a situation where community spread is pretty likely. He also lumped in clam digging, with the large crowds that draws to the ocean beaches, thereby overwhelming the resources in small coastal communities. Exercising the cautionary principle, even citing an abundance of caution, the Governor thought it made sense to close sport fishing. Only in hindsight was he able to put 2 and 2 together and notice the obvious inconsistency of urging people to go outdoors and go boating (with close family members) but that they should not drop a fishing line in the water while out boating.

The other simple part, Director Susewind is a better follower than he is a leader. When the Gov. said fishing should be closed, Susewind is not the kind of leader to point out that closing some fishing alternatives and not others and push back at the Governor even a little bit. That doesn't seem to be in his nature. He doubles down on weakness at nearly every opportunity. One might say that I'm not his biggest fan.
Double like.

Reactions: JS

Charles Sullivan

Washington is 43rd in the nation in deaths per capita. On the top of my head I think WA is around 14th in pop. density.
If saving lives or even keeping viral numbers low is the goal you could make a case that Inslee has done as well or better than any Governor. He also has put his name on the Health orders and supported communites that have struggled like the East side Ag communities. Compare that to the cowardly federal response of abdicating responsability and the criticizing the governors who have the stones to make the tough choices or those Governors who flat out deny the science. I don't know, but I admire the fact that he gets up and makes the choices even though no one will like them.
To this point WA state numbers speak for themselves.

Go Sox,
cds

Snopro

I would like to see a Governor that understands fishing issues, water rights and even fly fishing..
We tried that in Oregon and it wasn't as helpful as you might think. Understanding doesn't necessary equate to making policies beneficial to sports fishing.

Snopro

Washington is 43rd in the nation in deaths per capita. On the top of my head I think WA is around 14th in pop. density.
If saving lives or even keeping viral numbers low is the goal you could make a case that Inslee has done as well or better than any Governor.
Agreed. By that metric Brown has done well also.

DrHare

The Coho King
If saving lives or even keeping viral numbers low is the goal you could make a case that Inslee has done as well or better than any Governor. He also has put his name on the Health orders and supported communites that have struggled like the East side Ag communities. Compare that to the cowardly federal response of abdicating responsability and the criticizing the governors who have the stones to make the tough choices or those Governors who flat out deny the science. I don't know, but I admire the fact that he gets up and makes the choices even though no one will like them.

Go Sox,
cds
Delaying inevitable more likely. Prob the 170k a week we pay for data consultant for things that studies show don't work like masks, 6' , arbitrary vs focused shutdowns. It's a virus. Focus on a shot

DrHare

The Coho King

Go Sox,
cds
Mask mandate, cases rose, explain. Cause they don't work. Show studies and stop watching mainstream. 3 lies don't make it true anymore. My county this week 400, ZERO hospital. Wasn't the sdown to bend the curve so hospital capacity.

Last edited:

Guy Gregory

Yeah, popcorn.

Masks don’t work? Okay, next time you go into surgery, just tell ‘em its jeans and tshirts for everyone , because masks don’t work.

Whatever. Y’all go to Sturgis and have freedom rallies and sneeze all over your grandkids. It takes 2-3 million dead to reach herd immunity. My money’s on you.

DrHare

The Coho King
Yeah, popcorn.

Masks don’t work? Okay, next time you go into surgery, just tell ‘em its jeans and tshirts for everyone , because masks don’t work.

Whatever. Y’all go to Sturgis and have freedom rallies and sneeze all over your grandkids. It takes 2-3 million dead to reach herd immunity. My money’s on you.
Correct, let freedom reign. I don't need demmies to tell me to wear mask that don't work, Dr wears N95. Fauci and studies and the world explosion show the same. It's a virus. Watch some Newsmax and document, don't be a lem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts