Here we go...Outcast Clearwater

ghetme

Congrats on the new digs. Didnt know this model but watching some videos I am digging how it sits high. Looking forward to a update

Snakes

Unboxed and inflated in the garage. Trip report to follow this weekend!

Early read: This is the normal high quality build, fit and finish that you’d expect from Outcast. I personally like Oar Rights vs the standard oar stops so I’ll be upgrading those before my float. They’re a bad habit that I started on my drift boat so I’m used to them by now. I’ll also want to upgrade the pins that hold the oar locks in place at some point too.

Really pleased so far. Need to see how she floats though.

Edit: for anyone that’s familiar with rowing watermasters, this seat sits significantly higher. I’ve always felt like I sit inside a watermaster, but you’re definitely sitting on top of this one. I think it’s a huge improvement.

Let me know if anyone has questions or needs measurements, specific photos, etc.

Attachments

• 2B24FFF2-B04B-46E0-BC46-B5C35BE901E6.jpeg
    2B24FFF2-B04B-46E0-BC46-B5C35BE901E6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
  • A950767E-AAB7-442E-BFB5-22F461901A4E.jpeg
    A950767E-AAB7-442E-BFB5-22F461901A4E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

PV_Premier

Following...
This would be a nice option for my steelhead fishing needs when I am going solo.
But I think we might get a Sotar Strike.

Last edited:

Kilchis

WFF Supporter
Approximately how long did it take to inflate to the top-off stage? Were you using one of the higher end pumps or a plebeian cheapie? Thanks in advance for the response.

PS....I assume that the oarlock towers need to be removed if the boat is deflated between trips?

Snakes

Approximately how long did it take to inflate to the top-off stage? Were you using one of the higher end pumps or a plebeian cheapie? Thanks in advance for the response.

PS....I assume that the oarlock towers need to be removed if the boat is deflated between trips?
I’ll watch the time to inflate next time, but prob around 5 minutes I’m guessing. It’s a $20ish portable pump from Amazon.

Oarlock towers are screwed into the mounting plate on the raft. With 8 screws total I definitely won’t be taking them off between trips. I’m planning to load onto the top of my truck for shorter trips, or deflate and lightly fold into the back during highway commutes.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts