Simms Warranty Disappointment

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
I like how this thread has three times as many pages as the one about the Skagit and nearly double the number for the OP possible shut down.
staying dry is critical in rainy washington. we take our waders and jackets seriously in wet western Washington especially

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
Following is a cut and paste of the $imm$ warranty

If your SIMMS product fails due to a defect in workmanship or materials, SIMMS will repair or replace your gear and get you back on the water as soon as possible. If your SIMMS product fails due to excessive wear, accidents involving barbed wire or campfires, or the natural breakdown of materials over extended time, SIMMS will make every effort to repair your gear for a reasonable fee.​

It is obvious that this falls under defect of workmanship or materials and definitely should have been fixed at no cost. I will be purchasing new waders this year and they will not be $imm$

MT_Flyfisher

When the seam tape on the feet of my Simms waders came loose, I fixed them myself...permanently...with a pair of scissors.

They work perfectly now...

I wear them outside when I shovel snow.:)

84D21D43-D4F0-441A-9C09-84F4F20DF78E.jpeg

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Now I'm getting PMs from people ranting at me that my company has the audacity to charge for replacing a rod that they broke in an accident/fall/etc.

If you feel the need to private message me with a similar message, please don't. Just go straight to the company owner because I have no patience for it.

mcswny

Now I'm getting PMs from people ranting at me that my company has the audacity to charge for replacing a rod that they broke in an accident/fall/etc.

If you feel the need to private message me with a similar message, please don't. Just go straight to the company owner because I have no patience for it.
Thats not ok :(

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon

Here's why I have no patience for this... You purchased a product from us that was as-advertised, and worked perfectly fine for a few seasons. You slammed it in the car door, fell on it, stepped on it, dropped it, or other such incident... and want us to replace it for free? Not only can I not fathom that mindset, but it makes me angry because you're literally arguing that our company should now be at a net negative in our transaction with you just because.

Go buy a new car and run it in to a tree and try arguing with the dealer that they should fix that for free because it has a "warranty."

Don't get the wrong idea about my/our attitudes on this. A very large majority of customers who come to us with claims are awesome folks and I really enjoy my interactions with them. I do my best to take good care of these people because they take care of us.

DerekWhipple

If anyone thinks that millennials are the only generation of entitled snowflakes, they should spend some time in customer service.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
If anyone thinks that millennials are the only generation of entitled snowflakes, they should spend some time in customer service.
Umm, Millennials and younger are SAINTS. Seriously. With very few exceptions, the under-40 crowd is a joy to work with. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

I'm not a "customer service" person, but I absolutely talk to a lot of users of our product. There are stark generational differences in how I'm treated. There's always exceptions, but the younger crowd is far more empathetic as a whole.

DerekWhipple

Umm, Millennials and younger are SAINTS. Seriously. With very few exceptions, the under-40 crowd is a joy to work with. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

I'm not a "customer service" person, but I absolutely talk to a lot of users of our product. There are stark generational differences in how I'm treated. There's always exceptions, but the younger crowd is far more empathetic as a whole.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you weren't aware (you're neck deep in it!). When you were saying people were DM'ing you on a non-business site to complain about having to pay anything at all to replace something they broke themselves, I had flashbacks to selling fishing and outdoor gear and doing RMA's. I also have talked to people involved in the hand tool woodworking industry and the "insane entitled customer" stories they have are nuts. Most of them are men of a certain age. Although at this point the eldest millenials are creeping into that age bracket, myself included.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you weren't aware (you're neck deep in it!). When you were saying people were DM'ing you on a non-business site to complain about having to pay anything at all to replace something they broke themselves, I had flashbacks to selling fishing and outdoor gear and doing RMA's. I also have talked to people involved in the hand tool woodworking industry and the "insane entitled customer" stories they have are nuts. Most of them are men of a certain age. Although at this point the eldest millenials are creeping into that age bracket, myself included.
Oh I knew you weren't implying it. I was agreeing with you but did a poor job of communicating that :) Yeah, I'm in the "between millennial and gen x" age group, so I'm creeping up in age too.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I think the take-home is that douche-bags come in all ages.

In 2 years I was at Orvis, there were still too many stories to count. In hindsight, it would have been interesting to create a spreadsheet about it, but the worst were definitely not millennials or even gen X, but an older group, and it's not even close.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts