Swinging the Sky | Short Film

msteudel

Mark Steudel
It's been a bit since I've finished film, so it feels good to finally post another one. Sometimes you just get back after a trip and look at the film and say "meh" and the footage doesn't inspire you. This time my friends drone footage really got me excited and I cranked this one out in a couple of weeks.

Anyway this is just a short film of us floating the sky from Gold Bar to Sultan, swinging for steel. It really is such a gorgeous river. Makes me sad to think that it's runs aren't like they used to be. Whenever someone says "If you could have a time machine" I always think I'd go back to when our rivers were teeming with fish. <sigh> Anyway hope you enjoy this little film. Oh and for those that are spey nerds, I'm swinging the old sage "Brownie" 9140. Good to get that rod out of the closet again.

O' Clarkii Stomias

That river changed my life. Someways for the good, and some for the worse.
9140, windcutter, and a salmon 2, a setup built for the sky.
If I could do it over again....yup!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Very nice, Mark. You have a great editing touch as you interweave the various video streams. And I liked the train sounds at the end - sweet.
Steve

msteudel

Mark Steudel
That river changed my life. Someways for the good, and some for the worse.
9140, windcutter, and a salmon 2, a setup built for the sky.
If I could do it over again....yup!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Would love to hear some of those stories! I just took off the wind cutter last year. :) this rod has been under utilized, plan on changing that.

Lakota

Great video! I too have the love/hate relationship with the Sky. I moved to Wa in 2014 and fished it nearly every week it was open for two years. The scenery is out of this world for a midwest native and I even managed to swing up an occasional steelhead. Overtime, I started opting for other rivers where my chances were a little better and today, when I'm mapping out my weekend plans, sadly, the sky is usually pretty far down my list.

Maybe I'll switch up my Black Friday plans and take a trip down the Sky-chromeless.

msteudel

Mark Steudel
Great video! I too have the love/hate relationship with the Sky. I moved to Wa in 2014 and fished it nearly every week it was open for two years. The scenery is out of this world for a midwest native and I even managed to swing up an occasional steelhead. Overtime, I started opting for other rivers where my chances were a little better and today, when I'm mapping out my weekend plans, sadly, the sky is usually pretty far down my list.

Maybe I'll switch up my Black Friday plans and take a trip down the Sky-chromeless.
Yeah it was really fun to float some of our western rivers. If Im gonna go trouting I usually float the yak, but the lush forest on this side and thick salal was fun to see, and the water is just so much stronger than the yak. Anyway it's just fun to keep exploring.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts