Boats Pulled the trigger

Boats, rafts, float tubes, etc

BDD

Looks like a very serviceable boat that when setup properly with the items your mentioned, should work very well as a stillwater floatation device to the point that if you launch at Clear Lake after they stock catchables or out at Pass, you should have no problem using it successfully. Glad you found something that will meet your needs.

Jeff Dodd

Nice boat WW.
The transom brace looks like a coffee mug holder! Cool idea

I have a 11’ Flyfisher that looks similar to your little boat. Light weight and easy to transport.

look forward to seeing you and your boat on the water!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
Nice boat WW.

I have a 11’ Flyfisher that looks similar to your little boat. Light weight and easy to transport.

I have fished out of a flyfisher! I installed the clamp on boat seat and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it. I'll give it a shot but I may switch over to a lawn chair and use the clamp on in my River Runner

Jeff Dodd

I have fished out of a flyfisher! I installed the clamp on boat seat and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it. I'll give it a shot but I may switch over to a lawn chair and use the clamp on in my River Runner

4C50AB22-D3C0-41F4-8815-2C9A4B1374D9.png

maybe your aluminum welder can shape a saddle like Spratley uses?

or the seat mounting track is another option to consider?

setting the boat up is as much fun as winter fly tying!

Jeff Dodd

Journey has some great boat accessories that may provide you some ideas.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
If you look at the position of the benches you'll see that it places me up close to the bow. Maybe not a big deal but the lawn chair I could use in the center..

steve s

WFF Premium
If you look at the position of the benches you'll see that it places me up close to the bow. Maybe not a big deal but the lawn chair I could use in the center..
I have a 9' pram that I picked up this spring with a similar bench layout and I've been messing around with the best seat set up. I was thinking a lawn chair or something similar too. In my boat, either bench is not ideal for rowing.

steve s

WFF Premium
Can you guys move the oar locks?
I had considered installing a new set of oarlocks and using the bow seat to sit and row. Unfortunately, I feel like the boat is a little bow heavy when seated there. I've also looked to see how easy it would be to relocate the seat but figured a chair would be much easier.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
I had considered installing a new set of oarlocks and using the bow seat to sit and row. Unfortunately, I feel like the boat is a little bow heavy when seated there. I've also looked to see how easy it would be to relocate the seat but figured a chair would be much easier.
I'll still row from the bow seat no matter what, (unless it is just too bow heavy) and then when fishing use a folding lawn chair. Something else a guy could do is run a plank down the center from bench to bench and then turn sideways to fish. For me, I want a seat with a back to it.

I think my adjustable oars show up today and if so I'll float it this weekend.

And I'm still trying to figure out where to put my rod holder mounts...it kinda depends on the seating.

Denny

Nice boat WW.

Jeff: I used to own a 11 foot fly fisher too. I loved it. I took it all over BC waters as well as Pass lake, Coldwatwer lake, and several eastern Wa. lakes. The best fly fishing boat I ever owned. I rowed it a lot, but also used an electric motor on it alot. Wish I had never sold it. This is my boat these days. Denny IMG_6146.JPG

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts