Reference Mr. Christmas!

Hem

The only thing worse is this: My grandmother had one of these with that stupid color wheel that was supposed to make it prettier. This is grounds for emancipation from the family. View attachment 262316
We are decorating our tree at this very moment and I took a break only to stumble across this picture.
I'm aghast.
This years big question is will our pup dismantle the tree piece by piece or all at once.
It won't matter too much as we say farewell to DumpsterFire 2020.

Speyrod GB

That is pretty close to what the tree looked like @Jojo. We did not have the fancy color wheel though. Ours had a few more wire branches that would fold out though.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
We didn’t have a lot of money growing up and our Christmas trees were dismal. The worst thing was that we never had many lights. Older folks will remember those big hot bulbs before miniature lights came on the scene. Because they were so hot the tree was usually dead before Christmas even one as sparsely lit as ours.

Christmas tree lights totally challenge me with my slight OCD issues. They bulbs were white/yellow/red/green/blue/orange. And if two blues got too close together i would switch them out only to have two reds together. I would work that tree for a long time trying to even out the colors.

My mom used to make us save all the tinsel each year and so the tinsel would be all crinkly but we would put it on. (Me, one at a time, but my younger siblings could only do that for a few minutes before they got tired.)

I was so happy when i got to be in charge of my own Christmas tree! One year i put 1000 minature white lights on it. It was so bright you couldn’t really see the ornaments though.

I love a good Christmas tree!

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
Got serious today and had to bring out the rope.

Fixed some lines

And used them to climb to the highest summit and tag it with muh lights.

Exterior is pretty much done. Now just add snow.

up2nogood

Got serious today and had to bring out the rope.

Fixed some lines

And used them to climb to the highest summit and tag it with muh lights.

Exterior is pretty much done. Now just add snow.
All peaks need lights , nice job . It’s tough I know

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
The only thing worse is this: My grandmother had one of these with that stupid color wheel that was supposed to make it prettier. This is grounds for emancipation from the family. View attachment 262316
Mom is 94 and it is put away in her basement...I liked the color wheel... Plug it in now since it's circa 1962...it would sound like this...rrrowrrrowww...rrrrowww then quit and burst into flames lighting her shag carpet on fire...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts