Dryft Waders?

ceviche

Anyone have experience with Dryft waders? After something like ten years using my early-run Filson waders, they finally started leaking pretty bad in the feet this summer and fall. Time for new ones.

—Dave E.

ffb

I have a pair of the S14 waders I picked up about 2 years ago. Been super happy with them so far, fresh, salt, and out on the boat on wet days. Still bone dry at the end of the day. Before the Dryft waders I was burning through Redington waders that all ended up with leaking feet within a few months. I decided to go with the Dryft after reading positive reviews from a handful of other people on this site.

I have a pair with the zipper. Nice waders, no leaks after 3 yrs. Gravel guards are a little tight, but other than that a well thought out non-leaking waders at a good price

Steve Call

I have a pair of the Dryft wading pants. 2+ years of use (80-100 days a year and none of it in a boat) and no leaks. Super happy with the fit. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another pair.

Uncle Stu

I wear Dryft wading pants and I'm a huge fan. I like buying from a smaller company where you can call and talk to a knowledgable person. I dont do much bushwacking myself, but they seem rugged enough to take it. The one feature I don't need is the weird double-layer gravel guards--they seem like overkill and make it more work to rinse and dry after fishing. Does anyone understand why they are made that way?

size26

I've had a pair of Dryft S14 for a few years, with at least 100 days in them and absolutely no leaks so far. Having owned several familiar brands of waders, (simms, patagonia, orvis, hodgeman, cloudveil), I'd recommend Dryft, no reservations. Because the high end Simms waders are manufactured in the US and with Goretex brand fabric the high cost is understandable. All the other brands waders (Dryft also) use other waterproof/breathable fabrics and are manufactured overseas. I do think the Goretex is superior mostly due to it's being more comfortable when worn. The others seem stiffer/less flexible. For any other qualities used to judge waders, i.e. fit, durability, features, and value, Dryft is hard to beat

triploidjunkie

I haven't tried them, but have heard good things from my friends who have Dryft.. My cousin works at Simms, so doubt I'll ever switch brands.

JJP5

I have over a hundred days on mine with exceptionally poor treatment (salt and fresh water) and no leaks. They are great. The are a true PNW wader.

Joe J

I've never worn them, and I WANT to like them. Local small company, great reviews, ect. I just can't get past how garish they are. They just scream Minter Creek flat bill flosser bro. I wish they would make them same product, but without the billboard branding. I think dollar for dollar it's probably better than the simms/patty, but I just can't get there.

Snakes

I've never worn them, and I WANT to like them. Local small company, great reviews, ect. I just can't get past how garish they are. They just scream Minter Creek flat bill flosser bro. I wish they would make them same product, but without the billboard branding. I think dollar for dollar it's probably better than the simms/patty, but I just can't get there.
Similar thoughts. I’m not picky about how I look while fishing but I’d feel a little flashy with the bright blues and yellows.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Has anyone found that with the darker colors of their waders you heat up more on hot, sunny days?
SF

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts