Re-sole wading boots

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
New boots are costly. Are there shoe repair places that replace wading boot soles? Will they restitch the felt soles with studs on like the originals? Is it worth the cost?

cdnred

I wouldn't think there would be a problem to re-sole. Only issue would be finding a generic sole to replace it with since they're not a typical shoe sole. It would all come down to how resourceful the cobbler was in finding a proper sole to replace it with. If the boots were not too bad, you might try to use a pair of Korkers RockTrax or something similar to avoid having to buy new boots..

1606738765353.png

MD

WFF Supporter
Don’t know about where you live, but I’ve taken mine to a cobbler in Bellingham in the past.

I’ve had new felt glued on once. The felt was the generic pre cut soles that were available back in the day and the glue held up until the uppers were trashed.

I’ve also had eyelets replaced a couple times. Must have been cost effective cuz I’m Dutch and went back a couple times ;)

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Ardesson's in Lakewood did a real nice job sewing the uppers of the Chacos I use for the salt (purchased 2009) where the stitching was coming loose in a few spots. Very inexpensive to have done.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
I wouldn't think there would be a problem to re-sole. Only issue would be finding a generic sole to replace it with since they're not a typical shoe sole. It would all come down to how resourceful the cobbler was in finding a proper sole to replace it with. If the boots were not too bad, you might try to use a pair of Korkers RockTrax or something similar to avoid having to buy new boots..

View attachment 262581

It looks like there aren't a lot of replacement felt sole kits available.

Korkers studded glue-on felt sole for any type of flat sole boot (no heel)

Non studded with heel

CreekScrambler

I recently looked into having a very old set of Simms re-soled and due to the quoted repair cycle time/cost and the general lack of repair kit selection/local knowledge, I decided to replace the boots with a reasonably-priced new pair. Worked out great and I was right back to fishing!

Dave Westburg

WFF Supporter
I just ordered a kit to resole my felt soled wading boots. You can buy a felt sole replacement kit from amazon for $23. I've glued my own replacement soles to wading boots using kits before with good results.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts