COVID Exposure Notification System

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
I will if it circles the toilet like the previous 98 threads.

Rob I might kick you out of this thread. Not sure what you are adding to it.
I understand @b_illymac .. I will refrain from any further comments.. at least directed at Rob or others.. Sorry!

Zak

WFF Supporter
It only works if I leave bluetooth on, right? I usually turn BT off to save battery.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
It only works if I leave bluetooth on, right? I usually turn BT off to save battery.

Correct. It uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) though, not full power BT. If your phone isn't actually using any full power BT devices, keeping it enabled won't really cost you any battery life. As implied by the name, BLE uses hardly any power, so you never have to be concerned about the battery cost of that mode.

Zak

WFF Supporter
Correct. It uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) though, not full power BT. If your phone isn't actually using any full power BT devices, keeping it enabled won't really cost you any battery life. As implied by the name, BLE uses hardly any power, so you never have to be concerned about the battery cost of that mode.
I learned something new today, thanks!

speedbird49

To be clear, I am not mentioning this in a bid to argue against downloading the app, but is anyone else concerned about how this technology in a slightly different form could be used to surveil or provide targeted advertising?

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
Given your avatar and signature the irony is thick....
My choice, I can take shit and yes my doctor has asked me to quit. I have cut back, and have gone for months without smoking, but know the risk I am taking. No different than scrambling down to some river access point or floating a river with some difficult areas to navigate. Hell even driving to work or the doctor has risk, especially with the assholes who can't merge or drive at all.

I think the least safe thing I can do is cross the street in downtown Bellevue. Get hit by a Tesla or Hummer, since the driver is on the phone, doing their makeup or whatever!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts