Good Company

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
My son called up last night and said he had today off, and asked if I would take him to the little river. Usually he chases fish in the snake. I think he was worried because I haven't seen anyone since grandma passed and I might be drinking. Not today, another day sober, and clean time piles up eventually. It was odd, I didn't really fish, I let him do all his own stuff, pick flies that he'd tied, read the water for runs and holes, and I just followed for the most part. I fished each spot when he was done, showing him how I'd do it. He only missed a few.
20201130_100831.jpg
20201130_103231.jpg
20201130_103759.jpg
20201130_103814 (2).jpg
He and Ash are bringing the 3 grandkids over for dinner and football. Lots of good company.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
clean time...since January for me...alcohol destroyed the love of my lifes marriage her brothers lives...and I admit to having a little problem,,,so no alcohol for me...Boy do I drink a lot more water...Ha! Life is good...Good luck to you. Looks like a wonderful place to chase trout.

MGTom

WFF Supporter
clean time...since January for me...alcohol destroyed the love of my lifes marriage her brothers lives...and I admit to having a little problem,,,so no alcohol for me...Boy do I drink a lot more water...Ha! Life is good...Good luck to you. Looks like a wonderful place to chase trout.
It's been a number of years, opening day '91 I broke my sage, although I'd been trying for awhile before that. But really it just starts when I get up. My sons never seen me messed up but knows from his mom's stories that I just can't handle my liquor, and once I start I can't stop on my own. My son can have 1/2 a beer and walk away. I never understood how someone could do that. But I'm just wired funny and that's why they worry.

Joe J

Neat looking water. Looks like an east side stream. What is the name of the nymph in your photo? That's an interesting one. Also looks like a pretty large (2x?) Tippet? Sure is fun to fish for trout that aren't line shy!

MGTom

WFF Supporter
Neat looking water. Looks like an east side stream. What is the name of the nymph in your photo? That's an interesting one. Also looks like a pretty large (2x?) Tippet? Sure is fun to fish for trout that aren't line shy!
Yep, SEWA. I don't know the fly he tied, it just had that green sparkle dub and a very short marabou tail. Good eye, it was 2x. I got him down from 0x but he still likes thick stuff, he thinks bass most of the time.

NukeLDO

WFF Supporter
14 years. ODAAT.
Without doubt, the pandemic has been challenging. Isolation, uncertainty, worry...all things my disease tells me to deal with the one way I know how. Keeping the plug in the jug for now because I don't want to have to deal with that shit show again.

Bruce Baker

Yep, SEWA. I don't know the fly he tied, it just had that green sparkle dub and a very short marabou tail. Good eye, it was 2x. I got him down from 0x but he still likes thick stuff, he thinks bass most of the time.
If I may ask, what does SEWA stand for?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts