Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

last licks on Lone this Saturday - the Report

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Flyguy65 
#1 ·
hey folks:
I plan to fish one last time before I have my knee replaced next week and I plan to fish Lone.
it has been nice to me the last couple of times out, so I figured - why not.
catching the 8:00 ferry and plan to fish till 3:00.
if ya ain't doing anything - come on out.
I know I wont have the lake to myself, just the fish - ha!

dp

#12 ·
Good luck on your knee surgery. I know that you are in great shape going into the surgery and that will help a lot. If you get the itch you are welcome to come to a local Lake and sit in the extra seat in my boat and we can go out and enjoy a few hours or just go out by yourself if my surgeries give me limitations...

#17 ·
you want a report - here you go:
beautiful day to be on the water. was fishing by 9:00 and was ahead of the crowd which starting showing up. I would guess I shared the water with 12 people, including Steve and his friend.
I trolled the lake in my favorite area and starting getting some action in about an hour.
I got two fish back to back - one stripping, one on the troll. one on olive, the other took the black.
The olive was the hotter fly for the day. I ended up with 4 nice fish to the net, lost 3 others and missed maybe another 1/2 dozen- drive byes. Fish were 16-18 inches and put a nice bend in the rod - had to take them on the reel.
It slowed down for me in the afternoon and I watched two guys dialing it in with indicators and I believe boobies. I've never fished them, nor do I own any boobie flies, so I watched them land some fish. The closest I had were peach/chartreuse/orange colored egg patterns and I had one take down.
it was a good day on the water. I will live thru your reports while I am on the mend and am motivated to be ready for the Spring fishery.

tight lines boys. I'll be back on line by Xmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.