FS Classic Sage 690-4 RPL - 4 piece, 9 foot, 6 weight SOLD

Woodman60

For sale is a Sage 690 RPL 4 piece. Rod is in excellent condition. No scratches or nicks on blank. Reel seat is near mint. Epoxy on wraps shiny, clear and non-yellowed. Only real sign of use is the male ends of the sections are somewhat dull from being put together. This rod has caught a lot of nice trout, but unfortunately has been relegated to its tube for a long time.

Give it a new life for $300 shipped to your doorstep in the CONUS. SOLD

Attachments

• sage.jpg
    sage.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 32
  • sage 1.jpg
    sage 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 35
  • sage 2.jpg
    sage 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 38
  • sage 3.jpg
    sage 3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 38
  • sage 4.jpg
    sage 4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

tippet

hardcore flyfishing addict
That's what it cost when it was new. I bought another 9 foot 6 weight RPL a year ago for over $100 less than this. It looked like it had been fished two or three times at the most. It is a great rod. I have two of them.

Richard E

I bought another 9 foot 6 weight RPL a year ago for over $100 less than this. It looked like it had been fished two or three times at the most.
Good for you. Many classics have more market values exceeding their initial retail prices. Ford Cobras cost many, many more times than they did retail.

Last edited:

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Classic rods like the Sage RPL are highly desired by people that understand what a great rod is. This is one of the great classics. Both 5 and 6 weights are...

Lots of rods sell for more than original pricing. Look at some bamboo rods like Granger for instance... Also look at older Winston's especially TMF's.

In the market place it is what the buyer and seller agree upon...

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
That's what it cost when it was new. I bought another 9 foot 6 weight RPL a year ago for over $100 less than this. It looked like it had been fished two or three times at the most. It is a great rod. I have two of them.
Actually, that's not correct. The original price was $480. I bought one as my first "good" fly rod. I still use it today. Took it to New Zealand in 1992, broke the tip back in '07 on a pink salmon, and have used it many times since. I have dropped down to a 5 wt. now so it doesn't get as much use but it's still a great rod.

Last edited:

brmtn

... streaming ... ...
Yeah, looks like a good deal to me... If Jock Scott doesn't want it I'm interested. Because of course I need another 6wt :rolleyes:

Woodman60

It was actually over $400 new.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts