New Rio Lines

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Looking like Rio has some new lines coming out soon. Will be interesting to see what new taper they've come up with. Probably just a ploy to fill out their "elite" lineup with skagit heads so they can charge $90 for a shooting head.... either way, I do like the idea of a metered running, ill probably give it a whirl.

Screenshot_20201221-195055_Instagram.jpg

GOTY

7x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I wonder if the metered shooting line is actually 10 ft increments like they say or more like 8-9 to make people think they are throwing bombs out there.

This is precisely why I only use 10 feet of running line. Every cast and fish goes into my backing like a champ.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
I wonder if the metered shooting line is actually 10 ft increments like they say or more like 8-9 to make people think they are throwing bombs out there.

This is precisely why I only use 10 feet of running line. Every cast and fish goes into my backing like a champ.
1609428285496.png

michaelsword

When you say metered line does that mean sectioned with different weights kinda like iMOWs or RIOs gamechanger? Do we know when these will be release? And could they work for trout sepy?

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
When you say metered line does that mean sectioned with different weights kinda like iMOWs or RIOs gamechanger? Do we know when these will be release? And could they work for trout sepy?
Metered = color change every 10'
They already have a metered running line available, not sure how the new one is different....probably marketing gimmick to sell more lines.

Good question on timing. No idea.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts