Your Favorite Gear Of All Time

Mike22

1994 Honda Accord Sedan

Honda-Accord_Sedan-1994-1024-02.jpg

Internal Space: With the backseats folded forward, I can fit several fully rigged 10' rods through the trunk. Screw your rod vault.

Gas Mileage: 32 mpg. Where I live, my "local" fishing is 50+ miles away and mostly paved. I'm closing in on 300,000mi. Screw your AWD, 4WD, lift kit, crawl control, etc.

Curb Appeal (or Lack Thereof): Ain't nobody thinking this thing holds any valuables. Screw your broken windows.

***Edit: In no way is this a response to Kfish posting his 4Runner. Nice rig man.

vader

Mine is not gear, but is the best thing I got for fish. That is my 11 1/2 foot Zodiac with a jet pump. Been everywhere with it from the skagit, Columbia, Neah bay, the sound, and most places in between.

doublebluff

Go Beavs
Nick- I second your thoughts re: the one piece 7-weight Hardy rod. That was the best rod I ever casted. I am a hack at casting, but this was truly a wonderful machine. I tripped on a tree root and snapped it when I fell. They wouldn't send a 1 piece replacement, and I didn't like, and then sold, the 4 piece that I received via the warranty.

The only bummer was that you needed a full 18 linear feet to get it in the case!

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Nick- I second your thoughts re: the one piece 7-weight Hardy rod. That was the best rod I ever casted. I am a hack at casting, but this was truly a wonderful machine. I tripped on a tree root and snapped it when I fell. They wouldn't send a 1 piece replacement, and I didn't like, and then sold, the 4 piece that I received via the warranty.

The only bummer was that you needed a full 18 linear feet to get it in the case!

Hah Ya that's what has kept me from fishing it lately. I loved it fishing the beaches and it wasn't a big deal dealing with the 1 piece with my truck, but out on the boat, especially guiding its a pain. I keep the rods Im not using broken down in reel on rod cases so they are semi out of the way and protected, but with the 1 piece there is no place where its not in the way and at risk of being crunched if its not in use.

Its been standing in the corner of my living room unfished for a few years. I keep thinking I should sell it but god I enjoy it so much I haven't had the heart to do so.

I've wondered how they would respond if I broke it. Good to know. Ive never thrown any other Zenith rods, including the 4 piece blanks, but man this one is such a gem.

Merle

Mine is not gear, but is the best thing I got for fish. That is my 11 1/2 foot Zodiac with a jet pump. Been everywhere with it from the skagit, Columbia, Neah bay, the sound, and most places in between.
Sounds cool- what motor/pump set up do you run on it?

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
Any waders I had that didn't leak.
All the walking sticks picked up off a beach that kept me from falling in the river more than I did without them.
My versatile 20' Fishcraft that gets me
river rishing, lake fishing, crabbing etc.

2013-10-06 17.13.12.jpg
My Outcast 9' pontoon boat, I love that little craft. Absolutely one of my best purchases ever.
20160507_140737.jpg P6170007.JPG
The war room. Nuff said.
20200323_113154.jpg
I really don't have a favorite rod/reel combo. I have many (too many) and my favorite is the one I'm using at the time depending on the species.

Also my cell phone. It keeps me on WFF whenever I want to be, takes great pictures of all my wandering and adventures and gives me a feeling of reassurance in my golden years whilst traipsing about hither and yon. :)

Mark Koch

Fisher GT-40 blank 9' 5wt built by Golden Fly Rod of BC, my first real fly rod.

Purchased used from Royce Dam in 1991 and he threw in a Hardy Viscount 140.

Still fish it once a year, now it is more artwork in my office than part of the rotation.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info