Lost my fishing buddy today

Travis Bille

5A45E8BA-EF69-4FD9-B009-384E876AD46A.jpeg

Rocky was 15. The first 5 years of her life she was in a shack in Enumclaw, birthing a litter 3 times a year, with no human contact.
I grew up with Brittany spaniels and found her through the American Brittany rescue. I rescued her. I had her spayed immediately and the vet in Tacoma thought that her body was too far gone from being overbred for her to live too long. She went from feral dog to the sweetest most loyal obedient dog I’ve ever known.
My daughter came along a year and a half later and she went from curious, to depressed, to fiercely loyal and protective of her.
RIP Rocky. Dog sister, drift boat mascot, stealer of hot dog buns, friend to everyone, and #1 fly fishing partner

Last edited:

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
View attachment 265577

Rocky was 15. The first 5 years of her life she was in a shack in Enumclaw, birthing a litter 3 times a year, with no human contact.
I grew up with Brittany spaniels and found her through the American Brittany rescue. I rescued her. I had her spayed immediately and the vet in Tacoma thought that her body was too far gone from being overbred for her to live too long. She went from feral dog to the sweetest most loyal obedient dog I’ve ever known.
My daughter came along a year and a half later and she went from curious, to depressed, to fiercely loyal and protective of her.
RIP Rocky. Dog sister, drift boat mascot, stealer of hot dog buns, friend to everyone, and #1 fly fishing partner
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: dfl
I am so sorry for your loss. There is no purer loyalty than a rescue dog for her rescuer. I can tell she had a great life with you and your family. You were both lucky.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
What a heartfelt tribute to Rocky. You gave that Brit the wonderful, loving home she deserved. I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, but you certainly did extend her life.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts