NFR Do Yourself a Favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jccady

Hence, the need for effective and safe vaccines, which from all the data I have seen, we have.

Cheers
Just have to look outside the MSM

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator

A 56 year old had a stroke and the wife blames the shot? That's not evidence. It's interviewing the wife during a process of grieving (blame).

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting

Great resources especially Zero Hedge! (cough, cough)

"Over time, Zero Hedge expanded into non-financial analysis,[c] including conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric[26] that has been associated with the US radical right[13][27] and a pro-Russian bias.[1][28][29][30] Zero Hedge's non-financial commentary has led to a number of § Site bans by various global social media platforms, although its 2019 Facebook ban[31] and 2020 Twitter ban were later reversed.[13][32][non-primary source needed]"

"ZeroHedge was banned from Twitter in February 2020; according to some, its last tweet referred to speculation the coronavirus could be a bioweapon, and BuzzFeed accused ZeroHedge of doxxing a Chinese scientist. As of June 2020, its account had been restored. ZeroHedge has been banned from other sites as well.

Writers on the left and right have referred to ZeroHedge as conservative; BuzzFeed referred to ZeroHedge as a "popular pro-Trump website," and Gateway Pundit referred to ZeroHedge as a "top conservative and pro-Trump website." Wikipedia refers to ZeroHedge as "a libertarian or right-wing financial blog," and notes that it reflects an "adherence to the Austrian School of economics and credit cycles." Wikipedia also says that ZeroHedge has "expanded into non-financial analysis, such as conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric that has been associated with the Radical right (United States) and a pro-Russian bias."

As requested a non-MSM site to help counter-balance the right wing, Russian biased, conspiracy theory, and fringe rhetoric, I would propose The Onion as essential reading material:

Last edited:

Dave Boyle

I do get a flu shot every year, got my PPSV23 and PCV13 shots, and the Shingrix duo (the 2nd shot kicked my ass, but it's better than shingles) so I am not anti-vax. Nor am I comparing the rates of transmission or lethality of these other illnesses to COVID.

We have?

From the WP article:
"Another virus, enterovirus D68 — linked to a polio-like paralysis seen mostly in children — has likewise been greatly reduced. As recently as August, CDC officials warned doctors and parents to be on the lookout for cases of the polio-like condition, known as acute flaccid myelitis. Outbreaks of the condition have peaked in a peculiar every-other-year cycle for six years, with 120 cases across the United States in 2014, 153 in 2016, and 240 in 2018. But in 2020, the CDC confirmed just 29 cases."

"There is no vaccine against enterovirus D68 . However, the following steps may help protect your child and prevent the spread of infection: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose." (Mayo Clinic)
------------------------------------------------------------
Other viruses mentioned in the article

"Currently, there is no vaccine to protect you against infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIV). However, researchers are trying to develop vaccines." (Pub Med.gov)

Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) causes infections of the lungs and respiratory tract. It's so common that most children have been infected with the virus by age 2. Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-ul) virus can also infect adults. "There is no vaccine for RSV. But a medication called palivizumab may prevent RSV infections and protect high-risk babies from serious complications of RSV infection." (Mayo Clinic)

Human metapneumovirus "Human metapneumovirus (HMPV) was first described in 2001 and has quickly become recognized as an important cause of respiratory tract disease worldwide, especially in the pediatric population. A vaccine against HMPV is required to prevent severe disease associated with infection in infancy. [no vaccine currently available...] (Pub Med)

etc. etc.

It all reminds me of whack a mole or the effort to reduce-eliminate Brazilian elodea in Lone Lake (this is a fishing website ;) ).
Ok I’ll bite Brian,

What’s your point? Why do you get two different types of pnuemo shots? You need whole capsule and the conjugate that covers 12 of the serotypes already in the 23? And who is your provider that pays for them? That’s ~$500 for the pair. Pfizer now has a new PCV24 you can have too, it covers all in the first two, save $$$. There’s quite a few RSV vaccines too, google is your pal, rotatrix is a hint. D68 is not prevalent enough to merit a vaccine yet and if you look at enteroviruses there’s a range of odd ones, ask CA surfers. hMPV? Really, this is a very benign virus compare to most unless you are immune compromised wherein many mild diseases are a threat. Kind of like paraflu I to IV as you’d agree.
Why do you post this stuff? You could also complain about no good vaccines to coxsachieviruses and rhinoviruses too and who could forget the other forgotten chlamydia, influenzae...on the wet side we worry of nothing else. What are your points other than trolling?

meanwhile COVID keeps on killing...>4000 Americans death today. Give us a fishing post to cheer us all up.

Dave

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium

It is clear now you're nothing but a troll. Great scientific source of a scientific paper by the way - talk about an absence of intellectual consistency, the refuge of a weak and losing argument.

This death has been reported in the regular media, they just did so responsibly. It should be clear, the autopsy for Dr. Michael has not yet been completed and no cause of death yet attributed. The case is also under active investigation by the FDA. As a point of reference, 9.3 million people in the US have received a SARS-COV-2 vaccination.

In the briefing documents submitted to the FDA - there is no difference in the rate of serious adverse events between the active vaccines (Moderna or Pfizer) and placebo and the rates of the various SAEs were similar to that of the general population. Across the clinical studies for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, there were no vaccine-related deaths reported, and no vaccine-related deaths in the post emergency use authorization surveillance data.

The case you "sited" is under active investigation, but so far there is no credible link to the vaccine/vaccination to thrombocytopenia, the reported cause of the cerebral hemorrhage. The rate of thrombotic events in both the Moderna and Pfizer trials was similar between active vaccine and placebo and were consistent with the general population.

Current surveillance data for anaphylaxis reactions post authorization of the Pfizer vaccine has a rate 11.1 per million, which is higher than the flu and so far higher than expected. 71% of these occurred within 15 minutes of vaccination. Of the 21 cases so far reported, 17 were in persons with a documented history of allergies or allergic reactions, 7 of whom had a history of anaphylaxis.

While anaphylactic reactions are serious, they are generally easily treated (think epipen).

If you are going to come here with your antivax nonsense, try providing credible sourcing and context.

Cheers

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
I've read through this entire thread, (I think) and I don't recall any mentioning that they have a personal relationship with anyone that has acquired covid19.

Well I do.

My youngest daughter started dating a young man about 30 years old in March. He contracted covid19 in late March and when it got to the point he couldn't breath he went to the hospital. After several days he was released and returned to home with the ability to taste or smell gone.

Since then he has had a lot of health problems and right now is suspected of having liver failure, kidney failure, some kind of problem in the lining of his heart, and his lungs are not working properly. All of this they are attributing to contracting covid19 back in March.

Because of covid I've never seen this man that my daughter cares a great deal about without a mask. I'm hoping that the first time I get to see his face isn't at his funeral.

So wear the fucking mask.

jaredoconnor

WFF Premium
Unfortunately, there is a lot of focus on the fatality rate and not enough focus on the long term impact on survivors. Most people I know are oblivious to it. I think if more folks were aware of this, we would have a lot less people dismissing the virus as no big deal.

A lot of people think you'll be fine if you are young and healthy, yet we are seeing serious heart damage in college athletes. The virus is also known to affect men's testicles. For all we know, dudes might start getting testicular cancer in 5 years or having fertility issues. Also, the more people who get the virus, the more chance there is of a mutation that renders vaccines ineffective. There are a lot of really significant reasons to not want COVID, other than dying from it.

Last edited:

Charles Sullivan

I've read through this entire thread, (I think) and I don't recall any mentioning that they have a personal relationship with anyone that has acquired covid19.

Well I do.

My youngest daughter started dating a young man about 30 years old in March. He contracted covid19 in late March and when it got to the point he couldn't breath he went to the hospital. After several days he was released and returned to home with the ability to taste or smell gone.

Since then he has had a lot of health problems and right now is suspected of having liver failure, kidney failure, some kind of problem in the lining of his heart, and his lungs are not working properly. All of this they are attributing to contracting covid19 back in March.

Because of covid I've never seen this man that my daughter cares a great deal about without a mask. I'm hoping that the first time I get to see his face isn't at his funeral.

So wear the fucking mask.
I have a whole arm of in laws who got it in the spring. I think 5 total. They work in hospitals. They are doing OK now, thankfully. All were in excellent condition to start, which helps at times.

I wish the best for your daughter and her boyfriend.

I wear a mask and try and keep distance and limit contacts.

Go Sox,
cds

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Premium
Ok I’ll bite Brian,

What’s your point? Why do you get two different types of pnuemo shots? You need whole capsule and the conjugate that covers 12 of the serotypes already in the 23? And who is your provider that pays for them? That’s ~$500 for the pair. Pfizer now has a new PCV24 you can have too, it covers all in the first two, save $$$. There’s quite a few RSV vaccines too, google is your pal, rotatrix is a hint. D68 is not prevalent enough to merit a vaccine yet and if you look at enteroviruses there’s a range of odd ones, ask CA surfers. hMPV? Really, this is a very benign virus compare to most unless you are immune compromised wherein many mild diseases are a threat. Kind of like paraflu I to IV as you’d agree.
Why do you post this stuff? You could also complain about no good vaccines to coxsachieviruses and rhinoviruses too and who could forget the other forgotten chlamydia, influenzae...on the wet side we worry of nothing else. What are your points other than trolling?

meanwhile COVID keeps on killing...>4000 Americans death today. Give us a fishing post to cheer us all up.

Dave
Mrs Brian & I are in our late 60s. We are social distancing/staying home, seeing friends via video chats vs in-person, masking up when we do go out to be accountable-responsible and stay healthy. We have gotten all of the recommended vaccinations that our insurance pays for. At least I can fish, but it's really wearing on Mrs. Brian who doesn't fish. Even though we are seniors it sounds like we won't be in a "phase" to get COVID vaccinations for months. But maybe we can receive our vaccinations through the VA sooner than through civilian medical sources.

"My point" was in response to 3 earlier posts about the unanticipated consequences of COVID prevention and was not intended as a troll.

And I have posted a fishing report.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Mrs Brian & I are in our late 60s. We are social distancing/staying home, seeing friends via video chats vs in-person, masking up when we do go out to be accountable-responsible and stay healthy. We have gotten all of the recommended vaccinations that our insurance pays for. At least I can fish, but it's really wearing on Mrs. Brian who doesn't fish. Even though we are seniors it sounds like we won't be in a "phase" to get COVID vaccinations for months. But maybe we can receive our vaccinations through the VA sooner than through civilian medical sources.

"My point" was in response to 3 earlier posts about the unanticipated consequences of COVID prevention and was not intended as a troll.

And I have posted a fishing report.

Brian,
They updated the guidelines yesterday so hopefully you and your wife will get the vaccine sooner then having to wait months based on your ages.
SF

Last edited:

Gary Knowels

Per your cites source, data suggests "17 life threatening events per 1 million doses" as of December 22. This will surely result in less than 17 deaths. This is not insignificant and the medical community should (and already are) be mindful, continue to monitor, and continue to improve vaccines.

However, context matters. As of 1/13, there have been 380,000 deaths in the US attributed to COVID. This means that COVID is killing ~1150 people per million. This is orders of magnitude higher than deaths from the vaccine. All available evidence suggests I am significant safer taking a vaccine than not.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Premium
I have a whole arm of in laws who got it in the spring. I think 5 total. They work in hospitals. They are doing OK now, thankfully. All were in excellent condition to start, which helps at times.

I wish the best for your daughter and her boyfriend.

I wear a mask and try and keep distance and limit contacts.

Go Sox,
cds
My nephew and his whole family got it. And his wife’s father was in the ICU for many weeks and recovered, but it was scary for awhile. I had not seen them in awhile though. This nephew’s sister, months later, tested positive for Covid after not feeling well. Her 18 year old daughter tested positive a week later. (Where i got lucky is the daughter had been helping my first grade nephew the week before i was there helping him. They didn’t get it though.)

My sister in law and her husband in Pasco tested positive without any symptoms. The only reason they got tested was because their son wouldn’t travel from western Washington to spend Xmas with them until they got tested because his girlfriend’s father is in fragile health. His sister did go over to their parents house before finding the results and later she too tested positive after they did. They have all recovered.

I wouldn’t have thought about getting a test as a precaution until I realized how easy it would have been for my sister in law and her husband to infect their son and his girlfriend (who might pass it on to her dad.)

My husband and I got tested yesterday because next Tuesday i have to take my 86 year old father, (who has been in failing health for a year now) to Madigan for a series of tests that are supposed to take four hours. I even cancelled helping my first grade nephew with his schooling today and I’m not going to any grocery stores until i find out the results. (Though I am not expecting it will be positive.) Edited to add: actually I’m not going to the grocery stored until after my dad’s appointment.

I figure if my sister in law and brother in law didn’t know they had it and never felt that bad once they contracted it, there could be a chance that i could also be walking around with it.

I’m not taking any chances with giving this to my father when i am with him at his appointment next week. I need to find out how to get my parents vaccinated soon As there will be more appointments and a need to be near them.

Edited: My report came back within 32 hours directly into my email. After adding the codes that they sent to my phone I was able to open it up. As i expected my text was negative. I will still be extra careful (not even going to grocery store) until my dad’s appointment. I hope i can arrange for him and my mom to get their vaccine soon.

Last edited:

ceviche

It's still way higher than it should be.

My home city, in Australia, had their first case at the same time as Seattle. Excluding a couple of 2 week lockdowns, they haven't had any cases of community spread (I mean literally zero) and have been living like normal for the entire year. Competent leadership makes an enormous difference. There are a lot of cases like this throughout the world, but for some reason they don't get mentioned in the media and a lot of people are lead to believe that the current shit show is as good as it gets.
I’m presently in Honolulu, looking for work. This state has the lowest per capita infection rate in the nation. I’ve been here since the middle of last month and am impressed by the level of mask usage. The only people I’ve seen not wearing were pre-dawn joggers, some homeless, and people eating food or with a cig in their mouth. I chalk it up to Aloha spirit.

wetline dave

Well lets see if I have followed jccady correctly. I will throw away my mask and not social distance and not get a vaccination I have rights that supersede yours and vaccs. are basically a conspiracy and will kill me as the side effects kill people.

Well "Dr. Cady" please list your credentials for all to see! Or are all your posts just blathering opinions!

Informed opinions are one thing when all sides have been critically analyzed and evaluated as that is "science"! Where as you cherry pick your data and that is not science that you tout. That is personal bias and basically BS with a persona agenda.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts