NFR Do Yourself a Favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportsman

Well lets see if I have followed jccady correctly. I will throw away my mask and not social distance and not get a vaccination I have rights that supersede yours and vaccs. are basically a conspiracy and will kill me as the side effects kill people.

Well "Dr. Cady" please list your credentials for all to see! Or are all your posts just blathering opinions!

Informed opinions are one thing when all sides have been critically analyzed and evaluated as that is "science"! Where as you cherry pick your data and that is not science that you tout. That is personal bias and basically BS with a persona agenda.

Dave
Doesn't using Facebook, twitter and Wiki on the same day count? Should at least get you a discount on your first fly pole.

hookedonthefly

Just as a heads up/thought/consideration...not-anti-masker. We have larger dogs. They are furry Pups and I groom them regularly as I have allergies. I am also the chief vacuum operator. I had an ample supply of N-95 masks from a tile removal project. I ran out; and, purchased KN-95 masks. I can smell the dog dander at 2.5 microns with a KN-95 mask; and, allergy symptoms were notably increased. Virus iappears to be usually considered .06-.14 microns.
Edit: I did find one article that sighted some virus size at less than .01.
Stay Safe Out There, Ed

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Just as a heads up/thought/consideration...not-anti-masker. We have larger dogs. They are furry Pups and I groom them regularly as I have allergies. I am also the chief vacuum operator. I had an ample supply of N-95 masks from a tile removal project. I ran out; and, purchased KN-95 masks. I can smell the dog dander at 2.5 microns with a KN-95 mask; and, allergy symptoms were notably increased. Virus is .06-.14 microns.
Edit: I did find one article that sighted virus size of less than .01.
Stay Safe Out There, Ed
You are correct, the virus is smaller than the pores in the masks, however, the virus is not alone, it hitches a ride with respiratory droplets. Masks help block the expulsion of the vapor droplets from from an infected individual and help block inhalation; thus, greatly reducing the overall transmission efficiency.

Stay safe and cheers

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
Well lets see if I have followed jccady correctly. I will throw away my mask and not social distance and not get a vaccination I have rights that supersede yours and vaccs. are basically a conspiracy and will kill me as the side effects kill people.

Well "Dr. Cady" please list your credentials for all to see! Or are all your posts just blathering opinions!

Informed opinions are one thing when all sides have been critically analyzed and evaluated as that is "science"! Where as you cherry pick your data and that is not science that you tout. That is personal bias and basically BS with a persona agenda.

Dave
I haven’t read this whole thread but could this new guy ’cady’ be the dude that was over here saying he was a doctor and getting into it with i think @Matt Paluch ? Spey Spaz i think was the name.

splett

Just as a heads up/thought/consideration...not-anti-masker. We have larger dogs. They are furry Pups and I groom them regularly as I have allergies. I am also the chief vacuum operator. I had an ample supply of N-95 masks from a tile removal project. I ran out; and, purchased KN-95 masks. I can smell the dog dander at 2.5 microns with a KN-95 mask; and, allergy symptoms were notably increased. Virus iappears to be usually considered .06-.14 microns.
Edit: I did find one article that sighted some virus size at less than .01.
Stay Safe Out There, Ed
This is the reality of it. My Mother in law, unfortunately thinks these masks are wonder women's cape and refuses to curtail any of her activities at eighty years old.. Masks do slow the spread for sure but getting in a fight with the few people not wearing them is stroking ones emotions and is not going to change how this crap spreads.

Jojo

WFF Supporter
Since i can no longer get together on Thursdays with my octogenarian pub buddies I do talk on the phone with Jim. He’s the one who is 85 and drives a Tesla. He was a navigator in Vietnam, a very smart guy with an encyclopedic mind for history. He is a centrist Democrat (used to be a Republican).

He called wanting to talk about what was going on this past week. We also talked about the anti maskers, which make him crazy. He isn’t afraid to tell people in grocery stores that they should be wearing a mask or wearing it correctly over their nose. (One time a young guy just looked at him and said “F#*k you”.)

My tongue in cheek solution (Disclaimer: of course i don’t really mean this) i said that it would be fine with me if the anti maskers, who pride themselves on being superspreaders, all got a MAGA tattoo across their forehead. This would allow them to move freely everywhere without being required to wear one.

And when these anti maskers get sick then all of the health care workers, including ambulance paramedics, nurses, doctors, dentists etc. do not have to administer medical care to them in any capacity until this pandemic is over. No visits to the ER either for broken bones or gunshot wounds. And certainly no ventilators, (save those for the folks who wore masks).

We live in a country where you cannot smoke in public places...where you get a ticket if you drive without your seatbelt. There was pushback on that too. (Remember the debates about seatbelts not saving lives?) These things took time to become normal for us.

It’s ridiculous and infathomable to me that the mask wearing has become such a hot political issue and I believe if Trump from day one came out as an advocate for mask wearing and wore one everywhere he went we wouldn’t be debating something so stupid as to wear one or not to wear one.

Why is it so hard for Americans to do a small thing that will protect others? Especially those who are at risk (like my father).

I remember Sarah Palin and the others talking about death panels and grandmas during Obamacare. Refusing to wear a mask to me is the equivalent of a death panel.

Last edited:

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
It’s ridiculous and infathomable to me that the mask wearing has become such a hot political issue and I believe if Trump from day one came out as an advocate for mask wearing and wore one everywhere he went we wouldn’t be debating something so stupid as to wear one or not to wear one.

I wear a mask as does my wife.

With that said, many people are fearful that the gov't will abuse this power. Look at some of the governors and unconstitutional mandates. Hell, even in this thread people are stating "I hope this doesn't become permanent."

Now we can dismiss them as being dramatic but once you hand the gov't that kind of power it can be hard to reclaim.

I'm old enough to remember the flu. After we get through COVID, can masks be justified for that?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I wear a mask as does my wife.

With that said, many people are fearful that the gov't will abuse this power. Look at some of the governors and unconstitutional mandates. Hell, even in this thread people are stating "I hope this doesn't become permanent."

Now we can dismiss them as being dramatic but once you hand the gov't that kind of power it can be hard to reclaim.

I'm old enough to remember the flu. After we get through COVID, can masks be justified for that?
Funny you mention that. The flu numbers this season are way over on the low end of the scale. Wonder why that is?

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
Funny you mention that. The flu numbers this season are way over on the low end of the scale. Wonder why that is?

Trump cured the flu!
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Republicans refused to wear masks when they were hunkered down last week. Now three senators have covid-19. Also there is now a fine of $1000 a day for not wearing a mask on Capital grounds. Too little IMHO. Not allowed on the grounds and a bigger fine...

creekx

Director of Stoke
Republicans refused to wear masks when they were hunkered down last week. Now three senators have covid-19.
Wasn't just Republicans. Democrat Pramila Jayapal, who recently tested positive for COVID, was quick to blame Republicans who were not wearing masks while they were hunkered down. Thing is, there is video that shows she wasn't wearing one either.

And people wonder why mask wearing is political?

Why are we letting ALL of these clowns divide us like this?

Jojo

WFF Supporter
@creekx ... I was going to post this about Jayapal. I was telling my husband last night that she was seen hunkering down without her mask so she really should not be on the news complaining.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
My tongue in cheek solution (Disclaimer: of course i don’t really mean this) i said that it would be fine with me if the anti maskers, who pride themselves on being superspreaders, all got a MAGA tattoo across their forehead. This would allow them to move freely everywhere without being required to wear one.
Even the dozen or more Millennials I saw back in June at the packed Lena Lake/Brothers Trailhead parking lot milling around together unmasked? On top of having to wear a "scarlet letter" for being anti-mask dummies, they'd be (probably falsely) labeled as being Trump supporters??? Oh the horror!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts