Found: Rod & Reel @ Pass 1/9/21

gmole

was it left of the launch? I saw a guy fall off his pontoon boat this past summer. He lost both rods, b spent the whole day with a treble hook and got 1 back but he never got the second one

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
was it left of the launch? I saw a guy fall off his pontoon boat this past summer. He lost both rods, b spent the whole day with a treble hook and got 1 back but he never got the second one
It wasn’t anywhere near the launch, but I’ve heard of rods being lost in one place and found in another. I hooked it on the east side of the lake.

I doubt it was my rod but my brother lost one of my rods in front of the rangers resident. I think it had a Ross Flystart reel, not sure of the rod, probably a 9 ft 5 weight. It was along time ago.

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
A thought occurs:

If I wait a period of time with this posted (a year from the finding date?) would it be ethically okay to donate it to something like Project Healing Waters?

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
That’s a great idea Jake, but it seems like a year is too long, most fly fishers would be checking every option (especially here) if they lost a rod especially at Pass lake....I’d think. My .02

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
That’s a great idea Jake, but it seems like a year is too long, most fly fishers would be checking every option (especially here) if they lost a rod especially at Pass lake....I’d think. My .02
I appreciate it, Steve, and I was wondering whether a year was too long.

All I know is that I want to give the original owner time to find it, I am never going to cast or use it, and if I’m not going to use it I ought to donate it after a certain, reasonable, amount of time.

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Premium
Yep, posted there. I may not have been super clear, but what I’d meant was other sites or “places”. I figure the more I do the more chance I reconnect it with its owner.
I would throw it on Craigslist and maybe Facebook if there is a section for that sort of thing. Otherwise I think PHWFF can always use 5/6/7 weights. I don’t think they use many higher than 8.

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
I would throw it on Craigslist and maybe Facebook if there is a section for that sort of thing. Otherwise I think PHWFF can always use 5/6/7 weights. I don’t think they use many higher than 8.
I tried Facebook, but didn’t think of Craigslist. I’ll look into it.

Lots of folks seem to have lost rods at Pass. I have gotten about a dozen PMs from folks asking if the rod was theirs. So far, sadly, it hasn’t been.

Kind of makes me want to rent some scuba gear for a day.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I tried Facebook, but didn’t think of Craigslist. I’ll look into it.

Lots of folks seem to have lost rods at Pass. I have gotten about a dozen PMs from folks asking if the rod was theirs. So far, sadly, it hasn’t been.

Kind of makes me want to rent some scuba gear for a day.

If you scuba dive there someone will of lost the biggest fish of their lifetime... Just saying...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts