NFR backyard wildlife

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Very sharp, wadya get?
Thanks, Canuck! Sony A9 II with a Sony 200-600 G Series lens. Rather than buy a teleconverter to boost the zoom to accommodate more distant subjects, I took a couple of these photos in APS-C mode; it worked as well as I need it to work. A big shout-out to Gyrfalcon for his input & guidance over the last month while I was narrowing down my choices. This Sony outfit would be magic in his hands. Thank you, John! I still need to play with settings & custom keys until I get things set-up where I want them, but the camera & lens are well worth the price of admission.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Thanks, Canuck! Sony A9 II with a Sony 200-600 G Series lens. Rather than buy a teleconverter to boost the zoom to accommodate more distant subjects, I took a couple of these photos in APS-C mode; it worked as well as I need it to work. A big shout-out to Gyrfalcon for his input & guidance over the last month while I was narrowing down my choices. This Sony outfit would be magic in his hands. Thank you, John! I still need to play with settings & custom keys until I get things set-up where I want them, but the camera & lens are well worth the price of admission.

Good stuff. The Sony mirrorless cameras are really leading the pack. They can shoot ultrafast. Nikon uses the Sony CMOS sensor, and I think the G lenses right up there with just about anything (full disclosure - I have the G 70-400).

I think you're going to have a lot of fun with that setup.

cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts