NFR backyard wildlife

5weight

This guy was near the house pissing off the smaller birds a short while ago. There appears to be a pair of Barred Owls nesting in our woods and hooting around the house nightly. PS. We have a nesting pair that were hunting moles in the yard at dawn. Bonus!

Attachments

• Owl.jpg
    Owl.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
@Canuck from Kansas you can't beat that for fun !

Garbage night is Weds here so a couple days back after 2am I went outside to get the cans to the road. Happened to look over at our cast iron planter and saw a light ghostly image. One of our Barn Owls was concentrating on prey and ignoring me.
I grabbed my camera with a 300mm lens and used only the light of my led backpacking headlight to get this shot. Pushed iso and handheld at 1/10th of a second.

Not much in terms of quality, but proof I was not dreaming, yet.

View attachment 276464
Very cool....and lucky.!

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Been following a pair of Baldies since we got here, almost 10 years ago, up on a local stream I would like to consider is my back yard. This is the first from this years sightings:

View attachment 280494

Takeoff: View attachment 280495

View attachment 280496

Retracting landing gear

View attachment 280497

View attachment 280498

Fully retracted

View attachment 280499

Cheers

An Osprey from 2 years ago who frequents the same territory as the above eagles, love the talons:

DE59E893-8A0F-4E52-BC98-64FE2B8CFE6E_1_105_c.jpeg

Cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts