Just sayin... Not starting anything

bakerite

Does anyone remember the "puget bug". Old chironomid pattern. One light and two dark moose mane fibers with a peacock herl thorax and a turn of partridge soft hackle, which you could ditch. I remember using size 18's with my buddy Larry on Lenice 30 + years ago and slaying the fish when they didn't want the other stuff. One of the things Larry would do is get in about 4 feet of water, loosen the strap on his insuldri tube and kick back disturbing the bottom and making a chum line to fish in. Worked!

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Does anyone remember the "puget bug". Old chironomid pattern. One light and two dark moose mane fibers with a peacock herl thorax and a turn of partridge soft hackle, which you could ditch. I remember using size 18's with my buddy Larry on Lenice 30 + years ago and slaying the fish when they didn't want the other stuff. One of the things Larry would do is get in about 4 feet of water, loosen the strap on his insuldri tube and kick back disturbing the bottom and making a chum line to fish in. Worked!
I do, great fly. 20210114_181944.jpg

Old406Kid

So... the stillwater version of the San Juan shuffle? :D

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
I’ve never done the March 1st opener, I might have to consider it...

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts