Central Washington Ice Report Needed

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Climate warming! Huh, I used to be under the impression that central and eastern WA were frozen solid all winter and that there was no reason to keep the passes open during the winter. Well, except for the ski areas . . .

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Climate warming! Huh, I used to be under the impression that central and eastern WA were frozen solid all winter and that there was no reason to keep the passes open during the winter. Well, except for the ski areas . . .
I'm wondering who will get the ski areas when the east secedes?

Starman77

I went over to the seep lakes on Wed, 1/20/2021, before the cold snap, and the seep lakes were ice-free. Even caught a half dozen nice rainbows in one of them, which made it worth freezing my toes off while float tubing. Water temp was 41 to 42 degrees. The fish fought surprisingly well in spite of the cold water temps. With this cold snap, I'd expect that the lakes will re-freeze, but it seems like we'll get an early spring without a lot of thick ice on the lakes. But we still have a lot of winter left so things could change between now and then.

Buzzy

I went over to the seep lakes on Wed, 1/20/2021, before the cold snap, and the seep lakes were ice-free. Even caught a half dozen nice rainbows in one of them, which made it worth freezing my toes off while float tubing. Water temp was 41 to 42 degrees. The fish fought surprisingly well in spite of the cold water temps. With this cold snap, I'd expect that the lakes will re-freeze, but it seems like we'll get an early spring without a lot of thick ice on the lakes. But we still have a lot of winter left so things could change between now and then.
The boss wants to go for a drive today - going to check out some of those seeps just to see how much ice is forming. I'm really curious about the lake I fished two days ago; wonder if it has frozen; yesterday's 16F certainly could have changed things.

dp

~El Pescador
I'll try to post an ice update on Lenice when I walk in Sunday afternoon.
if iced over, I will head to Rocky Ford.
it should be fine though.

Jim Travers

Look here's the deal the deal is these lakes get frozen couple times a year. Look these lakes are liable to freeze. These lakes will often times become frozen. Sometimes these lakes are unfrozen. These lakes are located in Eastern wa. You gotta get these weather observations from real deal weather observation think tanks these days. Otherwise these lakes may be frozen at the time you're lookin to visit these lakes

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts