Albacore Roll Call 2021

SilverFly

What a difference a year makes. Here it is mid-January and I'm already getting inquiries about tuna trips. So even though tuna season is still 7 months out, it's probably a good idea start getting an idea of who, and how many, want to give this a shot. No commitments, or carving out charter dates at this point.

When the time comes to start booking dates, I feel safe in saying the charter @Nick Clayton works for out of Westport will be the primary WFF choice. That said, this is about expanding/exploring/promoting PNW albacore as a fly-fishery, not a specific operation or business. As far as I'm concerned this is open to anyone arranging a trip with any charter, or any private boat. The more the merrier!

Also, one useful bit of info to add with your name, would be a preferred timeframe (if any). That could be very helpful choosing crewmates. The season typically starts mid-July and runs through early October. With the better fly fishing (again, "typically") later in the season.

Can't wait. It's looking like a whole new ball game this year!

Matt B

WFF Supporter
I'd like to get more than one trip in this year if I can swing the time off. From August on...

Last edited:

NRC

WFF Supporter
Booking for All Rivers & Saltwater is open as of January 1, FYI. I know this because I booked Saturday, September 11. My crew will be fishing conventionally but if I can get a 12wt setup on the cheap before then I might shell out.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Love seeing all the interest!!

As I've said before, while I absolutely love it when fly fishers come out with me, it does not benefit me in any quantifiable way other than fun factor, so while I love fishing with forum members I encourage anyone to get out whether it's with me, another charter captain, or a private boat. I just encourage folks to get out there and experience this fishery.

And same as last season, I will have fly setups available on my boat for those who don't have one.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Booking for All Rivers & Saltwater is open as of January 1, FYI. I know this because I booked Saturday, September 11. My crew will be fishing conventionally but if I can get a 12wt setup on the cheap before then I might shell out.

You can always use my gear and put the money you would have spent on gear towards scopalamine patches for your crew ;)

tallguy

I am in on 1-2 days. I prefer non consecutive days to take care of the fish properly, and ideally, days in later August or early September that do not have good morning tides for beach coho!

will have my own 12wt setup this year.

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
I am in on 1-2 days. I prefer non consecutive days to take care of the fish properly, and ideally, days in later August or early September that do not have good morning tides for beach coho!

will have my own 12wt setup this year.
I think the ideal is late August/early September, so you’re good there.

thatguyryry

I had to cancel a Steelhead/Salmon trip this year due to Covid, so I am hoping to convince my wife to do this as a trip instead. Should be able to make any days work.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts