Albacore Roll Call 2021

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Hi JayB,
At present, that day is full, but I will keep you in mind if we have an opening. [And to All Rivers, may be time for your other captains to expand their skill set include this segment of the fishing community...]
Steve

SilverFly

I wonder how many WFF tuna crews are going out this year?
Not sure at this point. I posted the roll call thread just trying to get a rough idea of how many were interested in tuna this summer/early fall. The next thing I know I've got seats on 3 charters, we've got a new boat in the mix, and now we're into discussing gear and tactics.

I don't have a problem with any of that. It's actually awesome. Just don't want to lose sight of having simple sign up/roster. Ideally it would be great if somebody smarter than me could figure a way to post an openly editable list of who wants to fish and when, with another list of actual booked charter crews (maybe as a sticky?)

One thing I have learned about this fishery is shit changes all the time and it pays to be flexible. Backup plans and alternate crew make or break a tuna trips. So having this information available kept currently updated in a clear , visible format, would make it much easier to fill in crew drop-outs, trade days, put new crews together, etc... Open to ideas here.

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Not sure at this point. I posted the roll call thread just trying to get a rough idea of how many were interested in tuna this summer/early fall. The next thing I know I've got seats on 3 charters, we've got a new boat in the mix, and now we're into discussing gear and tactics.

I don't have a problem with any of that. It's actually awesome. Just don't want to lose sight of having simple sign up/roster. Ideally it would be great if somebody smarter than me could figure a way to post an openly editable list of who wants to fish and when, with another list of actual booked charter crews (maybe as a sticky?)

One thing I have learned about this fishery is shit changes all the time and it pays to be flexible. Backup plans and alternate crew make or break a tuna trips. So having this information available kept currently updated in a clear , visible format, would make it much easier to fill in crew drop-outs, trade days, put new crews together, etc... Open to ideas here.
I am on the books as the lead on 4 trips: Sept. 2, 5, 7 and 9 with Nick (though I'm only going on 3 days). At this point, there are 4 folks set for each. But weather and situations can/do change. I believe that there is one or more trips set for mid-August too. @Nick Clayton should renegotiate his contract with All Rivers... ;) Or they could have him give lessons to other All Rivers captains who see the value of working with a fly fishing crew.
Steve

Last edited:

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Personally I have zero problem trolling flies...obviously, it's cool to cast at them, but beggars can't always be choosers...

I'm fortunate enough to be on a crew heading out late August.

Trolling is far and away my least favorite type of fishing, gear or fly. But, if the albies aren't showing themselves on the surface, it's tough to find them in the open ocean without trolling. Sometimes its just a necessary evil. Ideally we get some days where we can just run and gun, chasing down birds and jumper patches.

Be sure to bring a few musky flies and some bite leader....never know when we might happen upon a mako :)

Steve_S

I am on the books as the lead on 4 trips: Sept. 2, 5, 7 and 9 with Nick (though I'm only going on 3 days). At this point, there are 4 folks set for each. But weather and situations can/do change. I believe that there is one or more trips set for mid-August too. @Nick Clayton should renegotiate his contract with All Rivers... ;) Or they could have him give lessons to other All Rivers captains who see the value of working with a fly fishing crew.
Steve
8/27 is full and booked with Nick. never been after tuna so no idea what I am doing but sounds like too much fun to pass up.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I am booked on a mid August boat with Nick and I am super excited. Let’s hope everything that needs to come together does! Anyone else already start tinkering with flies just for the hell of it? I woke up too early to start my honey do list so decided to play around some more....
B08F2B7B-BED5-4627-929F-EB8121301D8B.jpeg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts