Albacore Roll Call 2021

tallguy

Sorry, I am not available on that date. I already have two days scheduled, not looking for another.. have fun!

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
Public service announcement - I have had to cancel a reservation with Allrivers for Saturday, September 11 due to the emergence of a long-term obligation. The reservation was for their 29’ boat with cap’n Nick.

No guarantee it’s still open or they haven’t shuffled boats around, but that’s a primo Saturday, should be right in the thick of bloody deck season. Would love to see it go to a bunch of misfit bugtossers rather than gear slingers!
Thanks for the PSA. Was able to book it.

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
Perhaps it’s a dumb question, but what are we talking for leaders for albacore?
Bite wire like for ‘cuda?
50lb level mono?
50lb hand tied that goes down to 20lb?
Something else?

I’m happy tying my leaders and having now put a stupid amount of backing onto my reel, I would like to finish rigging it.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Perhaps it’s a dumb question, but what are we talking for leaders for albacore?
Bite wire like for ‘cuda?
50lb level mono?
50lb hand tied that goes down to 20lb?
Something else?

I’m happy tying my leaders and having now put a stupid amount of backing onto my reel, I would like to finish rigging it.

All I ever use is 4-6' of 20-30 lb flouro

SilverFly

Bump...

FYI, We're getting into the time of year people will be formalizing summer plans and booking charters in earnest. A little bird told me a certain charter out of WP has something like 14 tuna fly trips already on the books - and that was at least a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already solidly booked for the year. Of course, pretty much all the tuna charters will be fully booked at some point - regardless of fly or gear crews. Fortunately the success of several WFF crews last year seems to have opened eyes and interest among other charters which should translate into more opportunities for us "fairy wanders". Still, I wouldn't wait too long to make plans.

James Harrington

MysteriousWater
I’m about 99.9999% good to go for a shared trip in late August/early September but it would be good to let the employer know within the next several weeks sonI can secure the time off. I’ve got the funds required and I’ve got the right gear for fly or conventional or both (or just use the captain’s preferred gear). I think that’s what I’d prefer; get ~3 or so per angler in the boat on the troll/bait stop then switch to flies for fun time. I last went in 2015 and we ended up with 36 for 6 anglers. Those 6 fish loined out plus some belly’s was well more than enough meat for me as a single guy at the time. Basically, I just really want to get out this season and if I can get 12 loins (3 fish) out of it I’d consider it a success. If we do better and end up getting some bonus fish on the fly after we pack some meat up I’m all for it. Hit me up folks.

JayB

Picked up an old Reddington CPX 9' 12 weight rod that I'll probably toss a Reddington Behemouth 11/12 on for once-a-year Tuna trips. Anyone have line suggestions? Something like the Orvis Pro Depth Charge 3D? 20ish feet of T-something and some mono shooting line?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts