Albacore Roll Call 2021

SilverFly

PSA: There are rumors of commercial boats catching albacore at the 127 Longitude line. That's still 140-ish miles out but there's already 14C (cool tuna) water within range of the N. Oregon coast. Sport tuna could kick off within a week. We could be looking at a 4+ month albacore season this year.

1623324549431.png

1623324715290.png

Last edited:

SilverFly

Unconfirmed rumor of commercial tuna caught 108 miles off Brookings. Definitely possible according yesterday's SST shot. A number of sport boats are waiting for the next weather window. In theory, they could be within sport range right now:

1624237220325.png

SilverFly

Heads up for anyone interested an August trip. A buddy who's not on WFF wants to get out and I'm definitely interested in a third trip. Haven't checked with All Rivers (Westport) to see if they even have an open dates, at this point but we both are pretty flexible the whole month. If AR is fully booked we can look into other charters and ports. Might be now or never with tuna season about to start. Fortunately, we should have a lot more FF charter options given the successes last year.

slow_floccer

Heads up for anyone interested an August trip. A buddy who's not on WFF wants to get out and I'm definitely interested in a third trip. Haven't checked with All Rivers (Westport) to see if they even have an open dates, at this point but we both are pretty flexible the whole month. If AR is fully booked we can look into other charters and ports. Might be now or never with tuna season about to start. Fortunately, we should have a lot more FF charter options given the successes last year.
Me and one other; shooting you a PM.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Looking like it'll probably be another late July/Early August start for those of us sporties in the small boats. but I'm still obsessively inventorying my gear, replacing line, organizing, tying knots, etc.

Spent all winter on a boat restoration/ inboard to outboard conversion on the boat I'll be in this summer. I still have my father in law's boat I have used the last two years at my disposal, but nice to have another option, too.

Bring on them tuners!

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Looking like it'll probably be another late July/Early August start for those of us sporties in the small boats. but I'm still obsessively inventorying my gear, replacing line, organizing, tying knots, etc.

Spent all winter on a boat restoration/ inboard to outboard conversion on the boat I'll be in this summer. I still have my father in law's boat I have used the last two years at my disposal, but nice to have another option, too.

Bring on them tuners!

footage of my first test run in the boat after 100+hrs of work. It's lots more dialed-in now after I took the video a few weeks ago. Gonna be a fun ride.

Attachments

• boat1.png
    boat1.png
    716.2 KB · Views: 18

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts