Albacore Roll Call 2021

SilverFly

Love seeing all the interest!!

As I've said before, while I absolutely love it when fly fishers come out with me, it does not benefit me in any quantifiable way other than fun factor, so while I love fishing with forum members I encourage anyone to get out whether it's with me, another charter captain, or a private boat. I just encourage folks to get out there and experience this fishery.

And same as last season, I will have fly setups available on my boat for those who don't have one.

No doubt you, and every other charter captain, will be fishing tuna (weather permitting) regardless of what kind of gear is on board. I suspect the difference this year is that fly gear has lost much of it's "red-headed step-child" status in the tuna fleet as a whole. Can't wait to fish with you again Nick, but I'm really hoping we can spark some interest in other captains in giving this a shot. Any chance you can do some kind of seminar to spread the gospel?

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I’d be interested as well this year for 1 or 2 days. I can probably make most days work at any point in the season, although there is a small chance I’ll be unavailable Labor Day week.

Bagman

I’m interested! When and where?
I haven’t worked out anything yet, just looking for interested now. As this would require a trip to sat San Diego the dam COVED19 may make it impossible to fly down, and that’s a bitch of a drive from here.

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
2 questions:
Is an 11wt ok??
About what is the cost?
Thanks in advance
An 11 wt. is a bit light. In 4 days of albacore fishing last summer (4-5 rods per day), I saw two 12 wts. blow up (one of which was mine...). The cost to reserve a 4-pack charter with All-Rivers out of Westport is $525/person. For a 5-pack charter the cost is $470/person.
Steve

Dr. Magill

An 11 wt. is a bit light. In 4 days of albacore fishing last summer (4-5 rods per day), I saw two 12 wts. blow up (one of which was mine...). The cost to reserve a 4-pack charter with All-Rivers out of Westport is $525/person. For a 5-pack charter the cost is $470/person.
Steve
Excellent
Thank you

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts