Albacore Roll Call 2021

SilverFly

@SliverFly last year you gave me a swivel which I had no idea just where to install it. Could you help me out a little on placement of said swivel please.
Hi Al, I only use them for outfits I might troll with. Not sure what the best way to rig them. I just attach it in the butt section of the leader 6 inches or so from the fly line.

GOTY

8x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I'll take all the help I can get. COTY/GOTY mojo, juju, whatever. At this point I'd just be happy to see one. I've missed seeing "garbage can" tuna jump on two trips I've been on so far. The frustrating part is the optimal fly-rod size fish (30-70#) seem to be MIA here in the PNW. We only seem to be getting peanuts (10-20#) schooling with albacore, or tackle busting tanks like the one that dragged a boat around for 2 hours last summer.
With the amount of talent on our boat, I think we might need to dial it back a bit. After our trip, I'm worried WDFW might borrow from their new OP steelhead regs and implement a "no fishing from a floating device" rule for Albacore.

SilverFly

With the amount of talent on our boat, I think we might need to dial it back a bit. After our trip, I'm worried WDFW might borrow from their new OP steelhead regs and implement a "no fishing from a floating device" rule for Albacore.
Likely lobbied by Starkist and Bumble Bee. ;)

Jake

If you want to dial the talent back, I’m game. I can bring down the average with my lack of tuna skill...

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
If you want to dial the talent back, I’m game. I can bring down the average with my lack of tuna skill...

I'll help bring things back down to a more acceptable 'average' level...

I dunno if I was clear earlier, but I'm fucking IN this summer! I'll make it happen! Gotta get tuna on heavyweight glass...

GOTY

8x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I'll help bring things back down to a more acceptable 'average' level...

I dunno if I was clear earlier, but I'm fucking IN this summer! I'll make it happen! Gotta get tuna on heavyweight glass...
Boat filled fast, sorry!

Dates are going quick too. Just FYI for all, if this is of interest, put together a group and get a deposit down on a date soon.

thatguyryry

Alright, I just got approval from the wife for the trip. Who else is getting a trip together and I can start a DM to organize dates.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts