New anti-gun legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
The floodgates have opened on anti-gun bills being introduced in the new Congress. Here's what you need to know.

Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) proposed the following gun control legislation at the federal level:

• HR 127 - License to own guns & ammo, mandatory firearm registration, and ban on certain types of ammunition
  • HR 125 - Mandatory 7-day waiting period on the purchase of semiautos, suppressors, armor-piercing ammo, and "large capacity" magazines
  • HR 121 - Would result in the hiring of 200 new ATF agents to "enforce gun laws"
  • HR 130 - Forces you to submit to government "safe storage" requirements for your firearms
  • HR 167 - Prohibits the transfer of a firearm at gun shows by a person who is not an FFL
  • And that's just the start of what's been introduced in less than ONE WEEK!

If this violates any WFF forum rules, remove it.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
In Heller v. Washington D.C. Alito wrote that any restriction to a Constitutional Right must be "reasonable." I guess we're gonna' see some varying definitions of reasonable.

Rob Allen

In Heller v. Washington D.C. Alito wrote that any restriction to a Constitutional Right must be "reasonable." I guess we're gonna' see some varying definitions of reasonable.
If you look at statistics there are no reasonable laws that can be placed on legal gun owners that will prevent gun violence. Least of all restrictions on rifles of any type. As they are rarely used in crime. Anyone looking at reasonable gun control measures must be targeted at hand guns in inner cities.

bhudda

heffe'
I understand it to be that you have to wait a little longer to receive said weapon but you still get it...who the hell needs 50k rounds of ammo, but if you do, you have to sign papers or something blah blah blah...ok, I’m ok with that. Please help me understand what these actions actually do to take your gun rights away...
I own a weapon, but nothing I see posted effects me in any way that I can’t understand the procedure for what it is, either to prevent private gun sales to non licensed carriers or to control extremely high orders of ammo, etc. I’m really trying to understand the mindset of those that are so against gun reforms. You already have your guns, what is really gonna change for you? Most of you are hunters, your still able to hunt, so is it just the idea of control that bothers you or are you actually effected in some way that prevents you from doing what you have normally done?

Riffling Hitch

I understand it to be that you have to wait a little longer to receive said weapon but you still get it...who the hell needs 50k rounds of ammo, but if you do, you have to sign papers or something blah blah blah...ok, I’m ok with that. Please help me understand what these actions actually do to take your gun rights away...
I own a weapon, but nothing I see posted effects me in any way that I can’t understand the procedure for what it is, either to prevent private gun sales to non licensed carriers or to control extremely high orders of ammo, etc. I’m really trying to understand the mindset of those that are so against gun reforms. You already have your guns, what is really gonna change for you? Most of you are hunters, your still able to hunt, so is it just the idea of control that bothers you or are you actually effected in some way that prevents you from doing what you have normally done?
I wish I had 50krounds of ammo stock piled. As of right now I am trying to get my son into a trap team localy and I am lucky to find enough ammo to allow him to participate. I am in California where the gun laws are part of the most restrictive. Has this solved any of our gun crime troubles? NO just like all the other cities with high gun control laws and high gun crimes.
In CA we now need to use non lead for all of our hunting. There is no non lead locally for sale to use as hunting ammo.
In CA if you have not purchase a gun in the last 5 years and had the background check that comes with it you cannot buy ammo without paying for a background check $25? not sure on exact amout but it has been stated you are better off buying a new gun to avoid these charges. I believe this to be every time you buy ammo but may be wrong on that.
I cannot even find a case of 3" #2 12GA. looked from CA, OR, WA all the way up to Bellingham.

Those of you that are hunters that think this only effects the ar15 nuts, you better look at how it will affect you.
Lots of new laws... Have they solved any problems? They have effected my son being able to hunt and participate in youth trap competition......

Those of you that have a firearm and think that the law that are being drafted wont effect you. Pay attention. They are not common sense.

Russell

Last edited:

Riffling Hitch

In CA if you would like to go in and buy some ammo to do some shooting with some budies you may have problems buying ammo due to what you have registered with the state. This is what legislation has come to here. No problem getting what you need if you are a criminal.....

bhudda

heffe'
I wish I had 50krounds of ammo stock piled. As of right now I am trying to get my son into a trap team localy and I am lucky to find enough ammo to allow him to participate. I am in California where the gun laws are part of the most restrictive. Has this solved any of our gun crime troubles? NO just like all the other cities with high gun control laws and high gun crimes.
In CA we now need to use non lead for all of our hunting. There is no non lead locally for sale to use as hunting ammo.
In CA if you have not purchase a gun in the last 5 years and had the background check that comes with it you cannot buy ammo without paying for a background check $25? not sure on exact amout but it has been stated you are better off buying a new gun to avoid these charges. I believe this to be every time you buy ammo but may be wrong on that.
I cannot even find a case of 3" #2 12GA. looked from CA, OR, WA all the way up to Bellingham.

Those of you that are hunters that think this only effects the ar15 nuts, you better look at how it will affect you.
Lots of new laws... Have they solved any problems? They have effected my son being able to hunt and participate in youth trap competition......

Those of you that have a firearm and think that the law that are being drafted wont effect you. Pay attention. They are not common sense.

Russell
All I’ve heard you say basically is there is a supply issue and a 25$fee in California, that doesn’t seem like over reaching control... I’m still trying to understand tho

Riffling Hitch

Do you want to pay $25 dollars eveytime you want to buy your kid some trap loads to shoot? Does that solve any of the gun problems? No I just Pay an extra $25 dollars everytime I want to get some more hunting ammo or trap ammo for my kid..
Just wanted to bring this up.
What is your arguement for the support of all this.
These laws seem to affect the poor or racial minorities more than it does people like me. Right to bear arms is a constitutional right and yet to be totally defined but I can afford to work the rules. But we price out those who should still have the right. Kind of relates to the struggles of the current movements in my opinion. Very regressive policy.

SORRY, YOU CANNOT HUNT OR PARTICIPATE IN GUN RELATED SPORTING EVENTS BECAUSE YOUR MOM AND DAD CANNOT AFFORD IT.
AND WE ARE MAKING SURE OF IT THAT THEY CANNOT.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts