ruger mark 11

airedale

I was wondering if anyone has used the mark 11 in semi auto state using 22lr quiet...

at 710 FPS , the recycle ability could possibly be compromised...

has anyone attempted this...thanks

Replicant

I was wondering if anyone has used the mark 11 in semi auto state using 22lr quiet...

at 710 FPS , the recycle ability could possibly be compromised...

has anyone attempted this...thanks
I don't have direct experience with the Mark II, but I did go down a rabbit hole on .22 pistols years ago that had me asking the same question. I have a Hammerli Trailside (distributed by Sig) from a while back. After some adjustment, I managed to get it to fire subsonic rounds with no issues. I have a friend who has a Ruger Mark III or IV. I know he struggles with it on light loads. I grew up shooting two different Colt Woodsmen pistols. While they were a delight to shoot, neither were immune to failures, regardless of the load. From what I've learned, guys have improved the performance on the Ruger's by polishing the contact parts on the slide and even switching out to aftermarket springs. Again, I can't speak from personal experience, but I know people are making it work.

cebe

I’ve used subsonic target LR’s in my old Mark I but it does have problems with cycling as the chamber starts to foul. I try to clean the chamber after every 50 rounds or so with low power loads. Now I clean it with even high power loads.

Gary swenson

I’ve got a mark lll .22 and it’s pretty finicky with cycling. It would probably cycle those rounds on a hot august afternoon, but that’s about it

steelydan

Newb seeking wisdom
No sure what ammo you're referring to exactly but I got the itch to try Aguila Colibri Sniper SubSonic through my CZ bolt rifle.
Being a bolt, no cycling issues but about 70% of those bullets hit the target at 50 yards and most of those were flying sideways.
60gr pill out of a 1/16 spin barrel is not a happy combination.
If you're shooting 40gr or less, probably not a problem.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts