Big Storm

Merle

Dang that was a big squall that came out of no where. Seems like it went from zero to 150 in just a few minutes! Just lost 4 trees including one across the driveway - will have to cut my way out in the morning.

PSE app shows 300K+ customers without power, this could take a while to clean up.

Andy

NukeLDO

WFF Supporter
And here in Tri-Cities the wind went from a forecast 30 mph to 55 mph in no time at all. Of course this always happens on garbage day when everyone has their garbage cans out at the street. Took me 20 minutes to find and reclaim my can! Shingles and debris all over the place. Will have to take a good look at the roof in the AM.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
No doubt. It's 3:30am and I just helped the neighbor move tree limbs so she could go to work at the hospital. It's been blowing for 36hr, but for the last 6 it's been blowing 40+ with gusts over 60. And I was going to go to the lakes to try out some new flies before my afternoon meetings.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
And here in Tri-Cities the wind went from a forecast 30 mph to 55 mph in no time at all. Of course this always happens on garbage day
Fortunately it wasn't garbage day in my neighborhood. I see no shingles on the ground but I'll check the roof after sun up. Lots of leaves from the Sycamore in my neighbor's yard; he refuses to thin the tree. One of these days I fear that his house is going to wear that tree.

Gary Knowels

We had a pop up canopy get taken apart like it was made of toothpicks last night. Each leg was weighted with 15 lbs sand bags, yet it was lifted up and over a table and planted 15 feet away on the fence.

Peyton00

On a side note:
8-10 yrs ago my mother and Her husband installed a back up generator for their house. . He claimed it was necessary to protect the food etc.
She called me this morning to say they got to use it. Their power was out for about 4 hrs.

This is the house i grew up in, and we never lost power for more than a few hours over the duration 15yrs.

Over the years i would bust his balls about the $1000 they spent on the system and never really needing it.
Now he is all excited and had her call me to let me know the eggs are still cold. Lol.

NukeLDO

WFF Supporter
Two shingles replaced and garbage strewn about has been picked up. Still gusting out there. Clocked windspeed here in Tri-Cities was 76 mph. Have seen 90 mph once since moving here, and it took down my fence. Thankful to just be dealing with trash and shingles today.

sroffe

We lost power here in Burien about 12 last night. Just got it back about 1/2 hour ago. Seems like our area has been loosing power more in that past few years.

I thought a jet was taking off last night, was waiting for it to roll down the run way. It never did.

Our neighbors tree never comes down in one piece, but, hundreds of branches from his tree littered the street this morning. The trunk is looking a little bare today.

Sportsman

We had a pop up canopy get taken apart like it was made of toothpicks last night. Each leg was weighted with 15 lbs sand bags, yet it was lifted up and over a table and planted 15 feet away on the fence.
Damn, and I was upset about 3 sections of fence blown over. 30 years ago when I built it I wouldn't have cared. But after back surgery I need to pay someone this time!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Lots of big limbs down today while out on my walk. Stuff big enough to do damage to people or structures.
With that said, you could ask for a nicer day after a big blow. Had to be close to 55°.
Stuff is starting to sprout up, some rhodies are blooming. Spring will be here before you know it based on how fast last year seemed to go.....
SF

028E8F09-FCC0-49E5-9F0B-E39AA93E9546.jpeg 301450FA-A4CC-4EBD-BB75-0CADE9439593.jpeg

Buzzy

Lots of big limbs down today while out on my walk. Stuff big enough to do damage to people or structures.
With that said, you could ask for a nicer day after a big blow. Had to be close to 55°.
Stuff is starting to sprout up, some rhodies are blooming. Spring will be here before you know it based on how fast last year seemed to go.....
SF

View attachment 267498 View attachment 267499
Two of our lilacs are leafing, beyond buds. Too strange. Love looking at the view of the Olympics. My wife and I are hoping to make it to Port Angeles sometime this winter.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts