Favorite Colors for Blobs

Bowbonehead

They can be a lot of fun in lakes with marls in 10 to 20feet of water where you can sight fish with them or Boobies Make sure you get an SA Booby tip My fav colors are Orange/Chartreuse

chief

Thanks everyone for the input. Based on the advice received, I bought some Sunburst Orange and Hulk jelly fritz and tied up an assortment of blobs. I went out to a local pond today and there were a lot of fish rising to what I assumed were chironomids. So I tied on a two-tone blob on the point with a chironomid pupa above it. I landed around a dozen trout and, to my surprise, all of them took the blob. Made a believer out of me.....

Dave Boyle

Thanks everyone for the input. Based on the advice received, I bought some Sunburst Orange and Hulk jelly fritz and tied up an assortment of blobs. I went out to a local pond today and there were a lot of fish rising to what I assumed were chironomids. So I tied on a two-tone blob on the point with a chironomid pupa above it. I landed around a dozen trout and, to my surprise, all of them took the blob. Made a believer out of me.....
Aye, that’s how it goes. They work well but you feel a little ‘dirty’ not matching the hatch. ‘Fine and far off’ blob fishing is not

Dave

bchapman

Just looking through FNF catalogue and I’m not sure of the difference in some of the products. Besides the length of fiber which is easy enough to understand are there any preferences/experience between the Fritz, Jelly, or Slush products they list?
Not familiar with the slush (sounds interesting) but I transitioned all my blobs to “jelly”. In my view, looks much more like daphnia, if that is what you are trying to match. That said, i prefer the jelly for attractor blobs too, like tequila.

Last edited:

bchapman

Thanks for the replies. Another question, are you stripping them or hanging them, or both?
Hanging them exclusively.

I strip boobies and FABs because of the flotation. I fish them on a fast sink, full sink line. Usually with a leader comprised of 5‘-8‘ of heavier tippet. Generally, fish taking boobies are not too “leader shy”.

Buzzy

Hanging them exclusively.
I used to agree with hanging them exclusively. Last fall I had a blob hung about 18 feet below my indicator. Nothing was happening so I started stripping the line back to change up and had a hard take. Anomaly? I repeated the process and hooked several fish stripping the blob - stripping it fast. I haven't duplicated that scenario since but then it is winter. ;-)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts