State of Salmon

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I think it's duplicitous to talk about the progress being made toward salmon recovery and then ignore the obvious: Since the listings in Puget Sound began in 1998, state, federal, and local agencies continue to approve 9 or 10 habitat "degradation projects" for every habitat improvement and restoration project. It ain't rocket science to conclude that the habitat restoration necessary for recovery simply cannot happen under this scenario.

SilverFly

I just skimmed it but didn't see any mention of commercial harvest restrictions in waters off SE Alaska and BC. Kinda seems like it might be playing a role, but maybe I'm just jumping to overly simplistic conclusions.

dustinchromers

You guys, I'm starting to notice an alarming pattern. There's like way less fish year after year. Do you think we should manage differently or change the paradigm? Probably not, I mean I'm sure it will all work out.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts